Underworld 2!

Tools    

from the secret sources That B:

In an interview with JoBlo.com, “Underworld” star Kate Beckinsale says they’re already moving forward on a sequel. “Just got back from a set of interviews with Underworld star Kate Beckinsale and her husband/director Len Wiseman. While those interviews will be up in full form early next week, I couldn't wait to share this little bit with you. Wiseman confirmed that discussions are already underway to bring vampire Selene and werewolf Michael back to the big screen in Underworld 2..."

“He explained that he, Kevin Grevioux and Danny McBride, who created and wrote the film together, wrote an entire plotline that follows the vampire/lycan world from the Dark Ages all the way to the future. Wiseman explains what audiences see in theaters next Friday is really the middle of the saga and the sequel will draw upon the history and future they created in their timeline.

“He describes the sequel as having about 15 minutes of prequel with hordes of vampires and lycans battling it out in armor atop horses in the 1500s then flash-forwarding to present day a la Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Would Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman return? Well we can't talk too much about which actors will and won't return because of spoiler concerns but I asked Beckinsale about the possibility of a sequel and she seemed more than ready. She explained there wasn't formal talk at her level yet other than hubby/director Wiseman casually asking her at home”

Apparently JoBlo has to transcribe the interview, so when he does, we’ll let you know.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

Like yer tag, btw!

When the movie finished it gave most movie goers the idea that their was going to be sequel. I know for one I would be really mad if they did not make a sequel because for one I found Underworld a really good low-budget movie that beat most high-budget hollywood movies away.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I would be mad if they make a sequel because the first film is so bad I wouldn't let an ant watch it.

All I've seen is a trailer that looked pretty damned good to me. I have to wait till bloody December to see it. I'm seeing it regardless of any reviews or the reviews of your ant, Minion.

I See You When You're Sleeping
My ant is not allowed to watch it Fox! Evade it like the plague!

Underworld is a rip off of

1) Crow
2)Blade 2
3)Matrix

Maybe if the sequal finds it's on style and becomes more orginal will I ever think about seeing it.

For me, when I first heard of the idea of underworld I was quite excited, Vampires vs Werewolves! wow! Movie goers haven't seen this kinda monster on monster action for years.

It had a lot to live up to in my expectations within both genre's of werewolf and vampire flicks.

It didn't dissapoint. The action was good, the plot uncomplicated and the dialouge was well played hokum that passed the grade without decending into hammy z-movie status.

Of course Underworld has it's influences, namely: Blade, Matrix, The Howling, Vampirella (Harris comics) etc, etc, but this does not make it a bad movie.

Isn't Kill Bill just one long ass-kiss to the Hong Kong Movie industry? does that one fact make it a bad movie?

The Terminator was based on a one shot comic story in the British Comic 2000.ad that owed more than a tip of the hat to West World.

When 30 Days of Night (optioned from the comic book by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith by Sam Raimi) will it just be seen as a rehash of From Dusk till Dawn or Near Dark or Jon Carpenters Vampires?

I think not.

Vampire movies are by nature, derivative of other intrepretations of a legend/myth that varies from culture to culture.

For me, Underworld was good movie hokum that added to rather than subtracted from the genre, and I personaly can't wait for UW2.

Get off my island
Originally Posted by MinionTV
I would be mad if they make a sequel because the first film is so bad I wouldn't let an ant watch it.
Ain't that the truth... This movie is a bad clone of Equilibrium...

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

White Wolf should sue..nuff said

Messenger from Hades' Gate
While I was severely disapointed in Underworld. . . put Kate Beckensale in another skin tight leather out fit and I'll pay to watch it! Forget Halle Berry and Michelle Pfiefer, get Kate to be Catwoman! Meow!

Underworld was awful, a sequel is bound to be worse, these no talent film makers a milking it as much as they can.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I thought it was pretty good, actually. Not as bad as you guys say anyway.

The fight scenes were alright, nothing special.
The characters were under-developed, two-dimensional.
The acting was awful, absolutely terrible.
The look of the film was the high point, at times, very nice.

In order:

True. I did think the final battle was very cool though/
Also true for the most part. I loved the Viktor and Lucian characters though (that is where most of my love for the film comes from).
I didn't think so. It was nothing special though.
Great look to the film. I loved this.

*** out of ****

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
In order:

True. I did think the final battle was very cool though/
Also true for the most part. I loved the Viktor and Lucian characters though (that is where most of my love for the film comes from).
I didn't think so. It was nothing special though.
Great look to the film. I loved this.

*** out of ****
The bloke who plays the elder Vamp, who gets resurected, threw in probably the worst performance in modern film history, his ability to tear apart any shred of decency/believability (is this even a word?) is impecable.

I'd give it 3/10, at a push, for the general look of the film.

I ate all your bees.
Bah! Underowlrd 1 is yet to be released in Australia...Thats why I love the Matrix series, they are released at the same time round the world so I dont have to hear about how good it is and have a spoiled by ppl who have already seen it.

/end rant

You honestly haven't missed much.

Originally Posted by Philmster
The bloke who plays the elder Vamp, who gets resurected, threw in probably the worst performance in modern film history, his ability to tear apart any shred of decency/believability (is this even a word?) is impecable.

I'd give it 3/10, at a push, for the general look of the film.
It is a word. I thought he was great.

What did you dislike so much about it?

I really em excited about the second one