Indiana Jones Trilogy

Tools    

I'm getting that one!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I suppose now that Georgie Lucas has finally gotten off of his ass and agreed to release this trilogy I shouldn't nitpick, but to bring up an old point of contention....I just HATE the unnecessary retitling of the original movie to Indiana Jones & the Raiders of the Lost Ark. HATE IT. Though it certainly doesn't rank up there with the butchering done under the banner of so-called "special editions" for the original Star Wars trilogy. Still, it's endemic of Lucas' whole problem these days.

And I also don't know why they couldn't go with the original one sheet poster for the DVD cover art, or at least keep the B-style one sheet images in tact...

It also seems silly to have made fans wait SOOOOO long, and then not even force Spielberg and/or Harrison to sit down for some commentary tracks. The documentary features on the fourth disc had better be brand new and comprehensive. If that disc is simply full of all old featurettes, it truly is gonna be a wasted opportunity.

Since I own the trilogy letterboxed on LaserDisc, my need for the DVDs has been minimal, so I was really hoping against hope that by the time they actually made it to DVD they would be S.E.s to rival the best packages on the market. Doesn't look like that's what we're getting. Oh, well.

And in case you haven't picked up this bit of information, the movies will only be available as the boxed set to begin with (much like last year's release of The Godfather series). They'll probably show up as individual discs further down the line, but if you want 'em this first year or so they're on the shelves, you'll have to pony up the dough for the entire set. Though that shouldn't be too big a problem, as most any fan will certainly want all three movies and the bonus disc. Start saving you pennies now kids...or at least put it on you list to Santa Calus or Hanukah Harry.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally posted by Holden Pike

I suppose now that Georgie Lucas has finally gotten off of his ass and agreed to release this trilogy I shouldn't nitpick, but to bring up an old point of contention....I just HATE the unnecessary retitling of the original movie to Indiana Jones & the Raiders of the Lost Ark. HATE IT.

Hey, it has been worth the wait no matter how long.

The retitling......so what.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Many people have wondered why this release has taken so long, and lucky for you Kong has the answer! The makers of the film insisted it be made more "kid friendly" so they spent a year and a half meticulously going through every frame and changing Indiana's whip into a walkie-talkie.

I See You When You're Sleeping
And according to south park, the whole cast apart from indiana have been replaced by ewoks and wookies in the re-re-re-release.

Originally posted by Holden Pike
It also seems silly to have made fans wait SOOOOO long, and then not even force Spielberg and/or Harrison to sit down for some commentary tracks.
I assume you said "force Spielberg" becuase you know he WILL NOT DO ONE, EVER. The man just is as against them as you are again the retitling of Raiders of the Lost Ark. <--- i only like it because it helps out the poor dumb ass people trying to find it at a rental store... too many people cannot find things as it is, let alone having 1/3 of a trilogy in a differnet spot.

Originally posted by jrs
That "so called" retitling as you call it is actually the original title!
Are you talking to me? If so, the original title of the first film was Raiders of the Lost Ark . Once all 3 films were released, they retitled Raiders to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Well, no, not "once all three films were released". Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade was released in 1989. Raiders wasn't retitled for video release until about ten years later. This is a relatively new development, something Lucas did only a few years ago.

ah, well my timing was a bit off, but yea, that is what i meant.

-X-
yea its a great trilogy, but im not getting it, almost every1 has seen them like a thousant times

-X-

This Is A Must Buy , And About Dammm Time! I Would Like To Wait Until Indy4 Is Released And Get The 4-pack But I Don't Think I Can Wait That Long.

I wished the buck stopped here
Originally Posted by CALICUZN
This Is A Must Buy , And About Dammm Time! I Would Like To Wait Until Indy4 Is Released And Get The 4-pack But I Don't Think I Can Wait That Long.
That's exactly why I am going to wait......I'm sick of Lucas trying to screw us with several "special edition" versions of his films.
Sit tight people cos you know damn well that a 4 film box set will appear and then you will all have to buy it again......