Obama Most Pro-Abortion President in History

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Obama, Planned Parenthood, and abortion related...

Obama Officially Most Pro-Abortion President in US History

"As the country reflects on 41 years since the landmark Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion in the U.S., the 1-million-constituent-strong American Family Association says the four-decades-old law needs to be revisited and Americans’ votes must speak up for those who can’t.

“We have the most pro-abortion president in the history of the United States,” says Tim Wildmon, president of the American Family Association. “It’s a sad time in our culture when our leaders won’t stand up for the helpless babies who will never have the chance to take their first breath or cry, play, run, learn and grow into adults who would contribute to society. Furthermore, the damage extends far beyond these little lives, as mothers, fathers and families are scarred forever by abortion.”

According to LifeNews.com, a leading news agency on right-to-life issues, more than 56 million unborn babies have died as a result of the devastating 1973 court decision—1.2 million babies annually, or one abortion every 26 seconds.

“The time to extend civil rights to the tiniest Americans is long overdue,” Wildmon adds. “We must elect pro-life senators in this extremely important midterm election year, as well as a pro-life president in 2016. Millions more American people are pro-life today.

“This generation is more pro-life than the one preceding it—thanks to ultrasound technology and the ability to see an unborn child in the womb. It is imperative that life issues be at the top of our legislators’ lists for issues that affect our nation. Ending abortion must be given the utmost consideration at voting time, and we must send pro-life lawmakers to Washington.”"

http://www.charismanews.com/us/42469...-in-us-history

Obama Bullying Nuns

"With the 41st anniversary of Roe v. Wade this week, it's time to blow the whistle on the greatest advocate of abortion in the modern age: President Barack Obama.

To date, it is still unknown when U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will rule on whether or not Obama and Obamacare will force a group of nuns -- the Little Sisters of the Poor -- to provide contraception, including drugs that possibly induce abortions, to the employees at the care facility for the elderly that they run or be fined because of noncompliance with the new health care law.

What is clearly known, however, is how Obama is using every resource at his disposal -- including Obamacare -- to ensure the expansion and availability of abortion in America and around the world. This past weekend was Sanctity of Human Life weekend, and Wednesday marks 41 years since the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in our country, so it's a good time to remind Americans of Obama's radical abortion agenda.

I echo what I wrote when our country elected Obama as president: We placed a man in the highest office in the land who has the most liberal views and voting record on abortion of any president in American history.
As a state senator in Illinois, he led opposition three years in a row (2001-03) to a bill similar to the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, which prevents the killing of babies unintentionally left alive by abortion. He also opposed the ban on partial-birth abortion and strongly disapproved of the Supreme Court decision upholding the partial-birth ban. He does not support the Hyde amendment, which prohibits taxpayer funding of abortion through Medicaid. He also voted to block a bill that would have required a doctor to notify at least one parent before performing an abortion on a minor girl from another state. Strangely, Obama even once said he would not want his daughters to be "punished with a baby" after an unwanted pregnancy.

And since assuming the presidency, Obama has pushed for a pro-choice agenda in ways that America hasn't seen since the original 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling. He overturned the "Mexico City policy," now allowing federal funds to support international family planning groups that provide abortions. Restrictions for federal funding for embryonic stem cell research have been lifted. In addition, Obama appointed two progressive pro-abortion Supreme Court justices -- Sotomayor and Elena Kagan.

There is no doubt that Obama is still hellbent on obtaining his crowning abortive achievement: fulfilling his promise to Planned Parenthood execs that he will sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which is a sweeping bill that would abolish all pro-life regulations across the nation, from parental notification laws to bans on federal funding of abortion.

Our president, who once confessed on the campaign trail that estimating when a baby acquires human rights is above his paygrade, has graded human life in the womb as having no rights at all. And he would have no problem proving that by signing into law a piece of health care legislation that would terminate the lives of millions of babies. What doesn't he get about the fact that abortion isn't health care for unborn babies?

Mr. President, it's time for a refresher in the basic value of human life. If estimating life in the womb is above your paygrade, then let me cite a few for whom it is not, as mentioned by my friend and prolific author Randy Alcorn, in his article "Biblical Perspectives on Unborn Children":

"Dr. Jerome LeJeune, genetics professor at the University of Descartes in Paris, states, 'after fertilization has taken place a new human being has come into being.' He says this 'is no longer a matter of taste or opinion. Each individual has a very neat beginning, at conception.'

"Professor Micheline Matthews-Roth of Harvard University Medical School argues, 'It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception.'"

It's so simple even a president can understand it: All human lives -- including those who can't speak for themselves in the womb -- are worthy of life and the unalienable rights from the Creator. And they should be protected by government, not torn apart and discarded.

That is why the Founding Fathers plainly stated in the Declaration of Independence, "We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

Obama certainly wasn't joking when he told Planned Parenthood during his presidential campaign that he would "turn the page" on the abortion culture war. Planned Parenthood is the long arm of the government for the abortion industry. In fact, consider that from 2002 to 2008, Planned Parenthood, the largest but not the only abortion agency to receive government funds, received $657.1 million from federal taxpayers alone. In just a single year, from 2008 to 2009, Planned Parenthood received $363.2 million in government grants and contracts -- a $13.6 million increase from the previous year -- which resulted in 324,800 abortions.

All of these pro-abortion actions were taken despite a nationwide survey that revealed that 4 in 5 U.S. adults would limit abortion's legality. More than a third would limit abortion to rape, incest or cases in which it would save the mother's life. And 1 in 3 also would limit abortion to either the first three or the first six months. Only 9 percent said abortion should be legal for any reason at any time during pregnancy."

http://townhall.com/columnists/chuck...1783/page/full

Why Abortion Activists Oppose Pro-Life Free Speech

"It’s no surprise why pro-abortion forces in America don’t want free speech when it comes to raising awareness about this issue of, literally, life and death.
The more people understand the reality of abortion, the more they don’t want it as a legal, easily accessible part of American life.
Now, as 650,000 plus pro-life demonstrators are about to arrive in Washington, DC for this year’s March for Life on January 22, noting in protest the 41st anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, the Supreme Court has just heard arguments on a critical case involving freedom of speech on this issue.

Seventy-seven year old Eleanor McCullen’s challenge to a 2007 Massachusetts law, which forbids anyone other than patients and employees to stand within a 35 foot radius of the entrance to an abortion clinic, has made it’s way to the nation’s highest court.

Arguments that this prohibition is about the physical safety of women entering these clinics are absurd. There already are federal and state laws that prohibit physical interference or intimidation of clinic patrons.

This law is aimed solely to abridge the free speech of pro-life activists and prevent them from communicating with women arriving to these clinics. This abridgement of speech is a clear and flagrant violation of freedom of speech guaranteed in the constitution’s first amendment.

What a distortion it is that the pro-abortion contingent has managed to get itself labeled “pro-choice.” Choice is about light not darkness, about knowledge not ignorance.

Why do those who claim to favor “choice” fight so hard against efforts to assure that women who are considering the horrible decision to extinguish life they are carrying make as informed a decision as possible?

Unfortunately, this is often driven by elitism and racism.

Abortion clinic clientele are disproportionately poor and disproportionately black.
Across the board, poor communities and black communities have been devastated over many years by policies designed by liberal elitists convinced that they know what is best for these unfortunate souls.

The abortion clinic is often the last stop in a chain of bad information delivered into low-income communities that creates the government-dependent culture that fosters the never-ending cycle of poverty.

But good information at any stage of the cycle can change things forever. That good information can be a pro-life Christian standing at an abortion clinic.

I wrote a number of years ago about a young black woman named Ebony. When she became pregnant her boyfriend encouraged her to abort the child. She found little problem in arranging an appointment at a clinic, where they assured her she was making the right decision because abortion would be “cheaper” than having the child.
But Ebony was uneasy. Sitting up late, she called into a Christian radio talk show where she was referred to a crisis pregnancy center. At the center, she saw her baby via ultrasound and changed her mind. At the center they helped her birth and provided clothes, food, and counseling.

When I wrote about Ebony her son was four years ago and she had no doubt about the correctness of her decision. A decision made because she had the good fortune to get information.

In 1995, 56 percent of Americans polled by Gallup self- identified as “pro-choice” compared to 33 percent as “pro-life.” The last Gallup poll in 2013 showed 48 percent identifying as “pro-life” and 45 percent as “pro-choice.”"

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/01/20/w...e-free-speech/

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
There's already a thread about abortion. There's also one about Obama. Please feel free to add your view to either of these. Making a new thread which only involves copy pasting stuff from some website is not really necessary.

That's my fault: I suggested he break this stuff off into a separate thread. It seemed preferable to flooding the existing one, because that's more about the issue in general and not about the specific policy stances of the current President. I'd rather have an "extra" thread than just mash all sorts of ultimately very different conversations under that one thread.

Now, personally, I don't see the point of this thread, because it just seems like a personal outlet, and has no real useful goal (like explaining or persuading). But if that's what he wants, that's up to him.

This isn't even brought for a discussion.

Why not discuss whether or not you regret your decision for having voted for a pro-abortion president in the first place?

He has a proven track record of supporting the death of the unborn, and those who don't see a problem must have been in the same location as Obama was during the Benghazi attacks.

Why not discuss whether or not you regret your decision for having voted for a pro-abortion president in the first place?
Huh? Why would he regret that when he's pro-choice?

He has a proven track record of supporting the death of the unborn, and those who don't see a problem must have been in the same location as Obama was during the Benghazi attacks.
What if Obama had been aborted and never lived and never became president? Would that change your mind about abortion? Then he wouldn't be around to piss you off so much.

This is gonna be the best thread ever.

I still find it hilariously sad you keep saying things like "especially on abortion" as if that's seriously the worst part of his career. The first link you cite is a strongly-christian news source, the third is solely a pro-life news source, so I can imagine the second follows suit somehow in making all your citations focusing on one teeny-weeny bit of all the things Obama has done. And, as anyone knows, I'm not a fan, but out of all the news I regard, this topic has never ever ever been raised. I don't know why I'm talking though, you don't listen well.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name

This thread ------>
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Live coverage of today's events can be found on EWTN
*GASP* That's not gonna interrupt Mother Angelica's program, is it?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	enhanced-buzz-2365-1296574067-0.jpg
Views:	2476
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	12642