Classic Disney

Tools    

(if there is a thread like this already, please feel free to delete it.)

I truely love all the classic disney films so much. They are fantastic films that will never get old.

Here are some of my favourites:

The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
Snow White & the Seven Dwalfs
Lady & The Tramp
Bambi
One Hundred and One Dalmations
Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Alice In Wonderland
Beauty & The Beast

Beauty and the Beast has a great atmosphere. I like how the two main characters are secluded in a mansion in the winter. It's probably the most romantic thing I could ever imagine, and I don't mean in relation to romanticism. Maybe one of the first times I cried at a film. The others are also nearly impossible to not enjoy.

It was a good golden age. They put out a good amount of films too. PIXAR's doing a pretty good job with recapturing a certain aspect of that magic, I'd say.

They really don't make these as good anymore, I miss them.
The best animated one Disney has made is there most recent, The Princess and the Frog.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Princess & the Frog is good, yeah, but nowhere near the best Disney film. it's not even the best Disney as far as recent stuff goes...

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I enjoyed it but it was a bit weak, obviously no where near as good as other 'classic' disney movies but it felt like the first step on a long staircase to possibly another sort of Disney Renaissance.

The trailed looked terrible.. that's why I've been avoiding it..
But if someone tells me it's really good, I'll go watch it now itself..

I loved Sword in the Stone & Rescuers as well... & not to forget my all time favourite Great Mouse Detective.

I haven't seen Aristocats & Robin Hood.

Fantasia is the only one I could watch over and over. As far as the "usual" Disney films, my main choices are all more recent; the classics are good but Mulan and Aladdin tickle me more

Aladdin and Hercules were awsome

Mulan's decision to readapt the typical Disney art style into a more Asian influenced one is pretty awesome. Also, a great feminist theme makes the film a must-see for my would-be daughters.