Do you eat your movies?

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
As in...

Do you ever eat or drink stuff that's suitable to what your watching?

I was supping away on some traditional ales last night to go with the WWII 'britflick' i was watching - and they kinda helped me slip into the meandering countryside vibe the film had going on (and not just coz they got me quietly pished. I don't think ). I only wish i'd thought to make a 'ploughman's lunch' to go with it too

What about yourselves? Anyone found their Tarrantino enhanced by some brand-name burgers? Anyone managed to get any noodles down them at all during a Takashi Miike flick?

Spill the beans.

Lost in never never land
Well, Beer would make Beerfest a better movie, and Epic Movie a better movie, and all of the Scary Movies better, and Nacho Libre, and a lot of other stupid comedies.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by The Gnat
Well, Beer would make Beerfest a better movie, and Epic Movie a better movie, and all of the Scary Movies better, and Nacho Libre, and a lot of other stupid comedies.
Heh, yeah, fair play. (Hmm, maybe i shoulda named this 'which films are worth staying sober for?' )

I'm sticking with my 'cultural' justification for my drinking fragrant hops tho

I think whenever i've stopped a film and made some 'culturally relevant' food to go with it, it's mainly coz they've made me hungry by eating in the film - but it always feels kinda nice to have some 'suitable smells' knocking about the place.

My girlfriend and I had spaghetti while watching the "spaghetti western" The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly not long ago. It was semi-deliberate. We had chicken parmesan, actually, but it includes spaghetti.

I think that's about as close as you can come in linking a meal to a movie.

If I can lure a few drifters or young prostitutes into my van, I'll have a snack while watching Night of the Living Dead or Soylent Green. Maybe a little Vietnamese food while watching Lassie Come Home or Benji.

But other than that, no.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think I had m&ms when I saw CHOCOLAT. Does that count?

Originally Posted by psychobabble
No, you misunderstood. We're not talking about eating out.

Staying in. And munching. On the carpet? If you choose to sit that close to the TV, sure.

Just recently my buddies and I sipped white russians and watched The Big Lebowski

Twas good times

Ummm let me think maybe or oror .........No nothing comes to mind

I ate ravioli while watching Eating Raoul once, but it was cheese ravioli not the meaty kind.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
It's usually just pop corn, mild duds and soft drink for me.

However, I've often though it would be great to eat with the movies.

The Last Emperor with Dim Sum would be good for instance.
Moonstruck with spaghetti would also pair well.

I could go on. I won't though.

Sarcasm aside, I have never picked out food, to go with a certain movie. However, depending on what they are eating, in whatever film I am watching, I usually end up wanting some. For instance, the one scene in the movie Signs, where they decide to have that huge dinner, and everyone picks out something different to eat. Yeah, I'm in big trouble during that scene. Then the spaghetti during Fatal Attraction. I never wanted any rabbit, though.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I always want spaghetti while watching The Apartment.
Italian food is needed for a Godfather marathon.
Ramen makes Tampopo even better.
And red wine while watching Buffy or Angel, of course.

Welcome to the human race...
Not really. Maybe one day I'll play the Withnail and I drinking game.