Name 5 Best Movies from the 1950s

Tools    

Just curious, if you had to name 5 truly great movies from the 1950s, what would they be? (Please pick your 5 absolute top ones). I already have 5 in mind but I don't want to give anyone any ideas/influence the replies, so I'll hold off until I get some feedback. Ok, name them?

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
1. Seven Samurai
2. Paths Of Glory
3. The Searchers
4. Rear Window
5. Ben Hur

The last one I haven't seen all the way through, but seems like a really good film.

The replies here are generally listed from the imdb 250. I myself have asked a similar question to my friends, it seems they tend to follow the herd and watch what every one else does. My top 5 aren't even in the imdb 250.

Ace in the Hole for instance is very underrated, yet not mentioned by any one here. Had it neen in imdb 250, it would have been mentioned, due to conformity.

1. Seven Samurai
2. Paths Of Glory
3. The Searchers
4. Rear Window
5. Ben Hur

The last one I haven't seen all the way through, but seems like a really good film.
Not being rude, but everyone lists those. Are they really your favourites or are they someone elses?

I've seen all of them and while good, there are better ones not listed on popular lists like afi or imdb.

I've got to throw in All About Eve.
Thats in the imdb 250 as well

Ace in the Hole
D-Day The Sixth of June
East of Eden
Old Yeller
Ivanhoe

Those would be my 5. None are on the imdb and this is because I have a broad knowledge of cinema and have seen much more than the mere listings on afi or imdb. Has anyone ventured outside the imdb here or haven't they? I can't believe some of the junk that makes it on that list.

1) The Searchers

2) Singing in thre Rain

3) Stalag 17

4) On the Waterfront

5) Mister Roberts

A system of cells interlinked
Ace in the Hole
D-Day The Sixth of June
East of Eden
Old Yeller
Ivanhoe

Those would be my 5. None are on the imdb and this is because I have a broad knowledge of cinema and have seen much more than the mere listings on afi or imdb. Has anyone ventured outside the imdb here or haven't they? I can't believe some of the junk that makes it on that list.
Ah, Hi Film Freak. You just can't help yourself, eh? I guess I will endlessly reply in earnest, as I am kind of thick like that. Your taste still sucks, btw.