Disney Rebooting Home Alone

Tools    

Looks ungodly awful
Perfect reply.

But yeah… I saw the trailer a few days ago and didn’t even know (or had gladly forgotten) that they were making a new one.

It looks like a low blow routine cash grab with no reason to exist at all. There was nothing in that trailer that told me it needed to be made. That promising kid from JoJo Rabbit is about to ruin his entire promising career in one film…

Given that all movies are "cash grabs", I guess the interesting question is whether it will appeal to kids for whom the old one is not such a classic. Disney seems to be so darn good at market studies and demographics that I can't see them missing on this one. Since it's in the can now, I guess we will see how it comes out by January.

Macaulay Culkin makes an appearance in this garbage? Why Mac??? Are you that desperate for money?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I was out of the classroom on Friday and my students were apparently a total nightmare. So I came back today to find out that they'd been awful to the sub, stolen things from the classroom, etc.

So anyway, they inexplicably kept trying to divert from the conversation we were having about their conduct by telling me about this film? And then relentlessly continued to try and tell me about it all through the day?

Me: Okay, so now that the mixed number is a fraction greater than one, how can you complete the multiplication?
Child: So then in Home Sweet Home Alone the kid is--
Me: SO NOW THAT THE MIXED NUMBER IS A FRACTION GREATER THAN ONE, HOW CAN YOU COMPLETE THE MULTIPLICATION?

I do think it's funny that everyone is so up in arms about that treasure of an original film, Home Alone. I mean, have you actually watched it recently?

And we're mad about "cash grabs" when the first film is absolutely saturated in product placement?

Macaulay Culkin makes an appearance in this garbage? Why Mac??? Are you that desperate for money?
For a moment I thought that read: Macaulay Culkin makes an appearance in the garbage?

And I thought to myself, 'OK, now that sounds kinda cool' The reboot might go like this: The new Home Alone kid escapes the bad guys by hiding in the local landfill and low and behold Macaulay Culkin has been living there all along...he pops up from underneath an old discarded couch and does the hands on face thing