Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

At least that’s now seen.
Good colours and I am a huge fan of Jake, but the sudden overwhelming Americanness of it ruins the magic. Remakes are an unnecessary evil.
The dialogue is pathetic. “I’m not going to keep doing this with you.” Repeated three times. Somebody, kill me. There is, however, a very idiosyncratic way in which Gyllenhaal says “alright” ever since Prisoners that I find endearing.
What they do is blow every single plot element of the original way out of proportion, everything spelt out and hence absolutely ridiculous. The dread factor missing.

Trying to justify not cancelling my Netflix.

I just cancelled my hulu and ive had netflix before.
I find more stuff on free sites than i do on those, only an occasional movie and they are really tough to dig through. Probably has something to do with me liking older movies though.

I just cancelled my hulu and ive had netflix before.
I find more stuff on free sites than i do on those, only an occasional movie and they are really tough to dig through. Probably has something to do with me liking older movies though.
No, I agree. And I have used free ones too. The Netflix quality is better though. I find that the best selection is on Amazon Prime. In fact I find the Prime algorithm surprisingly good. When it says I’ll like something, I always do, and it’s often the most obscure low-budget stuff I’d have never unearthed otherwise.

No, I agree. And I have used free ones too. The Netflix quality is better though. I find that the best selection is on Amazon Prime. In fact I find the Prime algorithm surprisingly good. When it says I’ll like something, I always do, and it’s often the most obscure low-budget stuff I’d have never unearthed otherwise.

oh i didnt know that ill look at my prime more i rarely watch movies on there. I need to get a premium channel for movies do you have any of those? Hbo tcm ...

oh i didnt know that ill look at my prime more i rarely watch movies on there. I need to get a premium channel for movies do you have any of those? Hbo tcm ...
Yeah I have HBO, though I had to set it up vía VPN, being in London, which was a hassle. But my hyper-cinematic family has been living off VPNs anyway. I mean, I like HBO, but I usually follow my own decade-old list of what I need to watch where I tick things off and add new items, so it’s more convenient to find all of that on Prime and so on.

I do need to get better at making full use of HBO, I don’t think I really do.

Blown away by this movie O_O
It is a good movie. Never heard any talk about it. Now that i have seen it, and read a little, i see people really rate it high.

Try to se a couple Bresson films in coming days. Started with Au Hasar Balthazar, but that was some years ago now.
Found this poster for tonights film. Not original one, probably.

Convinced already this is ****, but…

The bottle scene is rather impressive.
But overall absolute rubbish, of course.
I’m actively irritated that people choose to make stuff like that. It’s worse than the worst kind of romantic comedy pretends to be tongue in cheek.

Trying to get Promising Young Woman out of my head still to rehabilitate Carey’s image. Hope this helps.
PYW - such a dumb movie.

Never heard of this.
It’s only so-so. Nothing major IIRC.

PYW - such a dumb movie.
It’s only so-so. Nothing major IIRC.
PYW really annoyed me. I can’t get it out of my head. It had promise stylistically, which made it worse. Absolutely bizarre, depressing stuff.

Agreed on your other verdict too.

It's a one-joke movie, but the joke is a good one. And at less than 90 minutes, it doesn't wear out its welcome.

It's a one-joke movie, but the joke is a good one. And at less than 90 minutes, it doesn't wear out its welcome.
Fair enough. I’m watching it in French and though I’m precisely 10 minutes in, it’s reminding me of Lobster. Which I never found funny, but like.

Yeah, I see what you mean. How bizarre.

I forgot the opening line.
My foreign language countdown festival continues tonight with a big 'un :

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)