What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

any of steve martin classics?
Yes, it has The Jerk, Parenthood, Lonely Guy and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid in it, along with more recent films like Housesitter, Bowfinger, Sergeant Bilko and It's Complicated.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
Moolaade. Which is quite fitting, given the current vote's decade. Sembène Ousmane's movies are so hard to find, I may give up on the remaining ones and just read his novels instead.

But, for reason of mood and available room (I'm crushed under 800 DVDs, here), it's been ages hadn't bought any. The latest ones before that were the two recent Jarmusch, Dead Don't Die (not seen yet) and Only Lovers Lefts Alive (which was nice). I also the two missing volumes of a Buñuel collection that is out of print. I have waited too long to complete some sets that can now only be found in second hand shops, and I start to remedy that.

Also ordered the Swallows of Kabul, because it's a magnificent film (a Zabou Breitman adaptation of a Yasmina Khadra novel, how could it not be), but it'll apparently take weeks to be delivered. By then, I may have found a space to place it. Maybe if I remove that bed ?

Yes, it has The Jerk, Parenthood, Lonely Guy and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid in it, along with more recent films like Housesitter, Bowfinger, Sergeant Bilko and It's Complicated.
oh thats really cool, loved parent,housesitter,bowfinger

Doriana Gray aka Marquise De Sade
Barbed Wire Dolls
Women in Cellblock 9
Crazy Nights
Emmanuelle and the White Slave Trade

Only really wanted the first one, but the Full Moon website was gonna charge like 40 USD for shipping (for an eight dollar DVD!), so threw in the others to justify the cost. Yup, real smart financial decision, Rock.

I picked up some new blu rays today. I got:

Blumhouse of Horrors 10 film collection set
Annabelle 3 film collection
The Conjuring
The Conjuring 2

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Bought

Black Widow - Marvel of course
Haphazard - martial arts action film from Thailand
Hell Fest - horror film set in an amusement park
The Outsider - Western with Trace Adkins and Jon Foo

Today I picked up a few used dvds and blu rays. I got:

Halloween 2 movie collection blu ray (includes 1978 original and 2018 reboot)
Kingsman Secret Service blu ray
Snow white and the seven dwarves blu ray/DVD combo diamond edition
Broken Flowers DVD
Dumb and dumber DVD
Bewitched DVD
The fog 1979 DVD

let me know if it good? i know this good cause i know it won an emmy and been told its really good
Won’t be watching it for quite a while.

The reviews are 100% good. Not a single negative comment.

ohh why that?.

gosh it must be really good then cause kate winslet is one of the amazing actresses
I have a huge pile of movies to watch. Plus streaming. I’ll get to it, but it won’t be soon.

Mad Max Trilogy Collection!

Got some new Hallmark dvds today. I got:

Just My Type/Harvest Love
Summer of dreams/Summer Love/Summer in the Vineyard
Love, Romance & Chocolate/Love on Safari/Moonlight in Vermont

I also got Wages of Sin on blu ray.

Today I picked up a few used dvds and blu rays. I got:

Halloween 2 movie collection blu ray (includes 1978 original and 2018 reboot)
Kingsman Secret Service blu ray
Snow white and the seven dwarves blu ray/DVD combo diamond edition
Broken Flowers DVD
Dumb and dumber DVD
Bewitched DVD
The fog 1979 DVD
Great horror choices. I'll be giving Halloween and The fog a rewatch myself for October's horror month. I imagine your collection must be massive as you feature a lot in this thread.

Great horror choices. I'll be giving Halloween and The fog a rewatch myself for October's horror month. I imagine your collection must be massive as you feature a lot in this thread.
Yeah, I just recently got a new bookshelf and will probably need to get another one soon. I'm running out of places to put my movies. I have 7 bookshelves and 2 lockers with movies in them so my collection is fairly large.