22nd Hall of Fame

Tools    

Inglorious Basterds placed 10th in the 7th HOF. That's nuts.
Different group of people, different films.

Mistique, gbgoodies, Sane, Daniel M, Friendly Mushroom, Gatsby, Bluedeed, Zotis, seanc, Swan, pussy galore, and Guap all either don't really participate in HOFs anymore are aren't on the forum anymore. Cricket only participates sporadically.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Miss Vicky's hosting??

SWWEEEET

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Inglorious Basterds placed 10th in the 7th HOF. That's nuts.
Different group of people, different films.

Mistique, gbgoodies, Sane, Daniel M, Friendly Mushroom, Gatsby, Bluedeed, Zotis, seanc, Swan, pussy galore, and Guap all either don't really participate in HOFs anymore are aren't on the forum anymore. Cricket only participates sporadically.

And I hated Inglorious Basterds. I didn't look it up, but I'm sure that it was last on my list.

I missed the last half of the reveal because I couldn't stay up any longer, but I expected to miss the entire thing so being here for half is better than not seeing any of it haha.

I had my nomination Blue Ruin at #3. The Last Picture Show was my #9. It didn't connect with me, but out of the other films at the very bottom of my list, if I had to rewatch one I'd probably pick it.

I'm sad that I, Daniel Blake didn't do better. I was hoping for it to win, though I didn't personally rank it at the top of my ballot. I was close though, at #2. I quite liked Mildred Pierce, but there were just so many other films in this HoF that I also liked, that it ended up down at #7.

The Matrix was the film I had at #1. It's one of my all time favourites. Inglorious Basterds was part of that set of three I struggled to decide the order of the most. It ultimately fell behind Joker and Dronningen and landed at #6.

Here's my full list:

01. The Matrix (1999)
02. I, Daniel Blake (2016)
03. Blue Ruin (2013)
04. Joker (2019)
05. Dronningen (2019)
06. Inglorious Basterds (2009)
07. Mildred Pierce (1945)
08. Shine (1996)
09. The Last Picture Show (1971)
10. State of Siege (1972)
11. Waco: The Rules of Engagement (1997)

I really enjoyed this Hall of Fame. Thanks for hosting raul! And congrats on picking another winning film ahwell!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Still regarding @edarsenal 's pick, Shine, today I read an interview with Maria João Pires, a portuguese pianist who happens to be one of the greatest musicians alive, that I think is related to the film. Maybe it's not such a relatable reality for non-musicians, but I think it's important to realize how much David's father attitude towards music lead to the breakdown.

(roughly translated)

"Music competitions today are responsible for the future disappearance of music, for the destruction of everything, for making impossible the kids of today to ever be able to express the way we did and to become artists, musicians. Competitions give a perception that is totally false, artificial, wrong and that only brings illusions of things that do not exist. How can one be an artist if the goal is to win? But to win what? Celebrity? Music doesn't generate celebrity, music generates something that has to do with our deep nature, with our conscious, with an opening that connects us to the universe, that connects with a truth, that connects to something that is good. Celebrity has nothing good about it because it separates us from the group, it makes us different. For what?"

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Still regarding @edarsenal 's pick, Shine, today I read an interview with Maria João Pires, a portuguese pianist who happens to be one of the greatest musicians alive, that I think is related to the film. Maybe it's not such a relatable reality for non-musicians, but I think it's important to realize how much David's father attitude towards music lead to the breakdown.

(roughly translated)

"Music competitions today are responsible for the future disappearance of music, for the destruction of everything, for making impossible the kids of today to ever be able to express the way we did and to become artists, musicians. Competitions give a perception that is totally false, artificial, wrong and that only brings illusions of things that do not exist. How can one be an artist if the goal is to win? But to win what? Celebrity? Music doesn't generate celebrity, music generates something that has to do with our deep nature, with our conscious, with an opening that connects us to the universe, that connects with a truth, that connects to something that is good. Celebrity has nothing good about it because it separates us from the group, it makes us different. For what?"
THAT is an excellent and very eloquent argument regarding competitions.
THANK YOU for sharing that!!