The Buffy Thread

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Yeah, I'll see every ep about two days or so later, but I'll see 'em, so don't post any spoilers!

Fun Buffy Stuff:

Reading the latest Buffy comic series, a three part trilogy set after the ill fated Movie, and leading up to Buffy's parents divorce and to the first episode. This is some cool (and Joss Whedon approved) stuff. It features the story of Buffy's stay at a mental institution, AND just how Wolfram and Hart first found out about Angel! Plus, a conjoined twin Vamp, which is pretty funny.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
I'm talking about the Angel gang taking over at Wolfram & Hart.
yep, totally agree there...the directions it cold go in now are limitless...CAAAN'T WAIT (it won't aire here in Oz for another 6 months at least )

i had never watched Buffy until Angel started...and then my eyeballs got a load of Spike and i started to watch both shows just to perve on him...3.5 years later, i'm Buff-dicted (hey, i just made a new word )

i never got to see the Buffy/Angel lovestory unfold so when Buffy and Spike started to get it on, i was hooked - unlike die-hard fans of the show who loved the Buffy/Angel saga so much they "hated" the Spuffy bits....what about you guys? love or hate Spuffyness??

i know i'm not the only one on the planet who Spuffys (cause i can google and i've found heaps of Spuffy fansites ) but i am beginning to think i'm the only one in Australia...i know not ONE person agrees with me...i used to talk Buffy every Tuesday morning with a girls at work (about the previous night's episode)...sometimes she had taped it and hadn't seen it yet, so if i told her there had been Buffy/Spike sex scenes the night before, she refused to watch the episode

anyway, thanks Mary for bringing up this thread would love to read your opinions about the new Angel shows seeing as i won't be watching them for ages yet

Originally Posted by n7of9
i never got to see the Buffy/Angel lovestory unfold so when Buffy and Spike started to get it on, i was hooked - unlike die-hard fans of the show who loved the Buffy/Angel saga so much they "hated" the Spuffy bits....what about you guys? love or hate Spuffyness??
Oh, that you haven't seen the B & A saga... It truly is wonderful, in a completely tragic kind of way.

However, I don't mind the Spuffy--I actually thought it was a good plot development, especially the way they handled it this last season. Although I always held a secret hope, even when she turned gay, that he and Willow would hook up. It's dumb.

But thank God he got rid of Dru. As funny as she was, there's only so much you can take.

"I'm naming all the stars..."
"Can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling. Also, it's day."
"I've given them all the same name, and there's terrible confusion. I fear there may be a duel..."

anyway, thanks Mary for bringing up this thread would love to read your opinions about the new Angel shows seeing as i won't be watching them for ages yet
Oh, I feel so bad for you. That's unfair in the unfairest sense of the word. I'll keep the spoilers to a minimum... unless you like them.

My feelings, in brief, on the season opener of Angel:

I'm feeling good things. The episode itself, as so many season openers were, was good--and so very enjoyable--but not great. I'm not disappointed, though. It seems to be a tradition for both Buffy and Angel to start off as merely good (or even a tad subpar--anyone remember "The Freshman"? No? Exactly. ) and then pick up steam around the fifth-ish episode.

And thanks to Mr. Whedon, there is much of the great and quotable in this ep.

Peon Marine-type: "Whatever happened to mercy?"
Angel: "He just saw the last of it."

I've got more, but I'll add them later. This post is approaching its maximum velocity as it is.

Lots of stuff for the season set up, though:

I like Fred's new role--she seriously gets a take-charge girl kind of attitude--and while there's a smidge of sexual tension between her and Wesley, it's not being played up much as of yet. Very nicely done.

And Gunn. Hooo, boy. We got some hints that W & H were going to attempt to use him in some way--he met the new Conduit last season, remember--and we find out at least a bit of the company's plans for him. And things look... interesting. I'm ready for a Gwen Raiden ep, and I'm ready for it now.

Arg. I want to post more specifically, but this post is huge already and I don't know how much to tell. And the spoilers tags are just too much for me to handle right now. So, I'll leave it at this, and post more later.

I've had a rather disturbing and horrifying thought.

What if Dawn and Conner end up getting together?

Imagine the spawn of hell that would arise from this pair. shudder

Originally Posted by Revenant
I've had a rather disturbing and horrifying thought.

What if Dawn and Conner end up getting together?

Imagine the spawn of hell that would arise from this pair. shudder
Ah, God--don't give the writers any ideas!

A whiny, homicidal, klepto kid with a serious inferiority complex and straight hair...

Kill it before it grows. That's all I've got to say.

oh pleeeeease don't limit your spoilers...WHAT WILL I HAVE LEFT?????

oh pleeeeease don't limit your spoilers...WHAT WILL I HAVE LEFT?????
The cry of the desperate fan. I feel your pain. And thus I shall soon post a quite spoiler-heavy--with tags, never fear, for those who don't want to be spoiled--review of eps one and two.

I cannot wait for Wednesday. I just freakin' can't.

you're a doll

Ack. Sorry about the lateness--I've been meaning to post for days now, and I still haven't quite got the energy for a real review.

However, I'll put in a few thoughts whilst I'm here.

Again, I must say I'm digging on the new dynamic. Adding Spike into the mix has been good for the show: giving Angel someone he truly can't stand, and yet can't get rid of, for verbal jousts while spicing up the lives of the still-new, still-quite-uncomfortable-with-their-new-jobs Angelettes.

Spoilers below. Beware!

Spike as a ghost is almost as good as Spike with a chip. Once again, he's rendered incapable of doing the one thing he can do fairly well: kill, punch, kick, etc. And the writers are keeping up with the introspection that has come to our boy in the last few years, and not just because of the soul. He doesn't want to be alive, because he wants to have died a hero. A true hero. And yet he's afraid of "moving on" (something the writers are playing up with his frequent "fuzzing out" of the material plain) because he's afraid he'll go to Hell--and, as he says to Fred just before asking her for help, "That's not where heroes go."

And, funny thing about Fred: she and Spike have an interesting chemistry, different from but akin to the one he had with Faith. She's the only Angelette who seems to fully sympathize with him, and she's also the only Angelette who has the scientific know-how to possibly help him in his ultimate goals: either to live again (so to speak) or to make it to Heaven.

Hmm...

And, of course, lest we forget that prophecy--the one about the "vampire with a soul"? Well, Angel ain't the only vamp-kid on the block with a soul now...

GOSH did anyone see the previews for the next episode whoa totally creepy and Icant wait.. I hope fred can help spike

The Bear with the Funk
hey BlackQueen, good seeing ya finally. fred and spike seem like are really hitting it off, not in a romantic thing, but as friends. She just all of a sudden feels for him and spike isit pushing her away (maybe cause he knows shes the only one who WILL help him). These two are going to be very tight i feel.

MARY: thanks so much for that review...there' sno one i'd rather hear it from...kiss kiss (and keep em coming pliiiiiiiizzzzzzzzz)

MARY: thanks so much for that review...there' sno one i'd rather hear it from...kiss kiss (and keep em coming pliiiiiiiizzzzzzzzz)
I totally will. In fact, I'll post some more thoughts on last week's ep right this very minute.

Werewolves on Buffy shows: there must be something written down in the Book of Joss that states, "Thou shalt make certain that any werewolf costume must appear to be lame."

Seriously, folks. First we get Oz's terrier-wolf, then we get Veruca's Gwar-wolf, and now we get what appears to be... well, I just don't know. The Angel crew must have seen Dog Soldiers at some point, and while the look is much better--taller, less hairy--it's still so freakin' obvious that it's a costume. Surely they could spend more money, couldn't they, to make their werewolves scarier?

Ah, well. It's a beef I've had with them for a long time. Another beef with me is that they must always throw blonde women at Angel for potential love interests, and werewolf girl seems to be most definitely that. Another recurring character, another blonde love interest... Which reminds me: where the hell is Gwen Raiden, who of course is neither blonde nor an Angel love interest? I seriously want to know what she thinks of the Wolfram & Hart deal, not to mention Gunn's transformation to gansta lawya.

And, since I'm on the shallow end, I might as well throw this in, as well. Angel's hair this season makes me shudder. It's longer now, and gelled back. And yuck.

"Thou shalt make certain that any werewolf costume must appear to be lame."

Angel's hair this season makes me shudder. It's longer now, and gelled back. And yuck.
but its ok...we've got Spike now...hubba hubba

"Guess what i wanna do now you prissy son of a b@itch"
Spike (Angel 5x04, Hellbound)

quote of the season so far!!

i am mysteriously getting my hands on copies of season 5

[i]
i am mysteriously getting my hands on copies of season 5
YAY! See, now I'm glad I wasn't posting spoilers all over the place--now you get to see it all happen new and fresh-like.

And now we can compare notes. One of my favorite moments:

"Spike."
"Spike?"
"Blondie Bear?!"

Harmony's mix-and-match metaphors have been lovely, too.

Harmony's mix-and-match metaphors have been lovely, too.

Harmony has minions?

Another classic line.

She had so many good scenes.

I also loved the bitch-slap fest between her and Xander.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Okay. Finally need to start posting again. I like Angel, but don't love it in the same way I did Buffy, but it's all we got left, so...I'm never home to watch it, but my girl tapes it religiously for me so I get to see it. (I am so her b*tch..)

First, I do like the addition of Spike. Brings a nasty sense of humor to the show that I think it needed. But I hope they don't hook up Spike with Fred. Amy literally screamed "NO!" when they started looking too chummy. Neither of us thinks spike has a chance with Buffy, but he should not hook up with Fred.

I like what they're doing with Lorne and Gunn, but they need to give Wesley something to do. He really hasn't done anything yet.

Angel is like a chick magnet this year! Eve, that werewolf girl who's name escapes me... ahh, just as long as cordelia doesn't come back. Angel/Cordelia was just wrong.

Lastly, am I the only one who thought Spike/Faith coulda worked? They so should have done that, but like Evil Spike and Faith. That would have made some kick-ass eps.

Spike and Fred...no no no no no no nooooo..it HAS to be Fred and Wesley...a jealous Wes would just sulk [eeewwwww] but a jealous Spike can be evil and do stupid things, in that oh-so-lovable way of his, always messing up and then trying to redeem himself

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
but they need to give Wesley something to do. He really hasn't done anything yet.
y'know, i hadn't noticed until you said that...i was still all excited that Spike was there...but yes, Wes needs a job!!! i liked him and Leila and we saw the naughty side of him (although i didn't like Leila, i thought she was too weak an actor)

Angel is like a chick magnet this year! ... ahh, just as long as cordelia doesn't come back. Angel/Cordelia was just wrong.
"this year"..the man is a WALKING chick magnet...he is daaaamn fine!!
and what is the story with Cordelia...she still in a coma?? anyone know if she has signed on for any more episodes??

Lastly, am I the only one who thought Spike/Faith coulda worked? They so should have done that, but like Evil Spike and Faith. That would have made some kick-ass eps.
spot on!!! that would have been cool

i'm a bit of a wallpaper-ho and this is the best new Angel wallpaper i have found which includes Spike
click here for the desktop size

MovieForums Extra
From the "Charisma Carpenter" website: "We are able to confirm today that, as per the WB cast listing, there are no plans at the present time for Charisma to return to the show. However, if the opportunity presents itself, the possibility exists that she could return as a guest star or in a series recurring role (similar to Lorne). For the fifth season, Andy Hallett and James Marsters join the cast as series regulars."

This was posted in June of this year. Yep, still in a coma.

And yes, I agree, Wesley needs a little more attention. I did enjoy the "bad" Wesley and like the way his character has evolved. I think they ought to bring back Willow for a couple of guest spots.