Pirates of the Carribean 2 - OH MY!!

Tools    

Yes you did

Well actually I lost my point some where and what I really wanted to post. And of course don't you think haveing a movie with interests that would suite its target audience work too. hmmm?

once more go torie proving men wrong is very fun hahahahheeeeeeeee

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by torie
Yes you did

Well actually I lost my point some where and what I really wanted to post. And of course don't you think haveing a movie with interests that would suite its target audience work too. hmmm?
What are you talking about? "Having interests that would suit a target audience"? I never said I was against that. If a movie is good for its target audience, more power to it. If it can get its target audience in the theater, good for it. I have NOTHING against this.

Until you find something valid to post in your defense, can we please got back to posting on PoTC?

And LITA.. ..no.. ..no she didn't.

No. The reason why it did good was cuz it was orignal and there hasn't been to many pirate movies in the past few years. Sinbad was a pirate movie with beautiful animation and yet it didn't do so well.

You do realize you disagreed with ProjectMayhem and then turned around and basically said the same thing he did (minus his finesse) don't you?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by LITA

Though not likely to happen very often in your lifetime.

Originally Posted by LITA

Exactly how did she prove men were wrong? Ignoring or misunderstanding the majority of what they said doesn’t prove them wrong… if you two want to take on the big boys, you’ll have to do much better then this… otherwise all you do is come off looking a little silly….

And Toosie… men have been proven wrong plenty of times… just not this particular time…

Originally Posted by Caitlyn

And Toosie… men have been proven wrong plenty of times… just not this particular time…

Absolutely! Just NOT by someone with such an immature attitude about it. My boss is a woman and proves me wrong all the time... my wife is a hell of a lot smarter than me and proves me wrong even more often.

In response to all of this. What I meant about the advertisement was that the horrible advertising led to bad box office. Because I loved Sinbad, so I wasn't implying that bad advertising makes bad movies at all. Just that sometimes really good movies get advertised very badly and they fail monetarily, even if they do succeed critically.

(Ok I replied but somethin happened and it didn;t seem to show up so I'll try again)

Advertizing has nothing to do with it. My Big Fat Greek Wedding turned out great and it seemed like weeks before I saw any preview. The reason why Sinbad didn't do so well was cuz it was for a smaller audience (13 and below) who I have a feeling don't care to much about romance or pirates.
For a movie to get good word of mouth than people first have to go see it. And the reason a lot of people didn't initially go see Sinbad was because the advertising played up the romance between Sinbad and Catherine Zeta Jones's character, when that really wasn't the main point of the movie. When I saw the commercials for it it looked horrible, but it turns out that it wasn't.
Now My Big Fat Greek Wedding didn't start out big but that was because it was an independent movie. Its appeal was also geared to a bigger audience (women and families) while Sinbad's core audience was never made clear and so nobody knew whether or not they wanted to go see it. I expect it to do a lot better on the Video/DVD market.

*sigh*
1)PotC did well cuz it was reintroducing and giving the whole pirate thing and a new look (and the 2 cute acters helped a lot)

2)Big Fat Greek Wedding did well cuz it was a good movie that people felt like telling their friends about.

3)Sinbad didn't do so good cuz little kids (target audience) don't really care about pirates or romance.

Of course I will agree with what others are saying I'm not here to just agrue.

You beat me to relping

Anywho yeah thats what I have been saying. [size=1]dork.

I guess I'll do the bullet point thing, too:

1 - There was no contingent of pirate movie fans waiting to pounce on a new film in the genre. The fact that we haven't had many pirate films as of late is not the primary cause for POTC's success.

2 - You started off talking about Sinbad's box office gross, then switched to the quality of the film when you had nowhere to go, argumentatively.

3 - The statement "advertizing has nothing to do with it" is superbly wrong. A strong film can offset poor advertising (and vice versa), but advertising always factors into the equation.

4 - I spend a great deal of my time around little kids, and can confidently say that they have lots of interest in pirates (boys, especially). Especially when those pirates are fighting giant ice birds and sea monsters.

5 - LITA has been banned. Good riddance.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Yoda
5 - LITA has been banned. Good riddance.
Thank you, oh great jedi master.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Well i'm sticking to my belief that since it was orginal it did well (thats basically the point I've been wanting to talk about the whole time). I mean look at some of the most popular movies all time. Most of them introduce a new "topic" or give an excisting topic a new feel/look. These are my opinions and most likely all of you disagree *sigh*.

This um..debat seems to be going no where so I hope we could all just respect each others opinion and move on.

Or we could not, which ever fits you best

I ate all your bees.
Johnny Depp made POTC, without him the movie would not have been half as good...As long as he is doing POTC 2 I'm there

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Johnny Depp made POTC, without him the movie would not have been half as good...As long as he is doing POTC 2 I'm there
Of course

YEP I TOTALLY AGREE

The Bear with the Funk
for sure, but i just want to see alot more Sparrow in this movie, i dont care about the other chractors lol

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I was really hoping that this could be a "Continued Adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow"....but...

I really hope the title isn't PotC 2: (Insert title here). They went to the trouble of having two titles, the first one could at least be the name of the series, with the following one being the name of the installment.

Originally Posted by Sir Toose
Absolutely! Just NOT by someone with such an immature attitude about it. My boss is a woman and proves me wrong all the time... my wife is a hell of a lot smarter than me and proves me wrong even more often.
...........It's nice to see a man who knows his place.......

kiss kiss.....darling.......

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......