Kill Bill - Vol. 1

→ in
Tools    

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I know im being lazy. And i know that one of you are sure to have mentioned the answer to my question somewheree but hey....im lazy.

When's Volume 2 out?

I havnt even seen volume one yet *Wobbles with excitement*
To answer your question, Kill Bill Volume 2 is released February 20, 2004.

Feb. 20, 2004

Ah! you're too quick for me ezikiel.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Ah! you're too quick for me ezikiel.
Hehe, gotta go faster projectMayhem.

Lets put a smile on that block
Well Gawsh! Aint i the popular one shucks. Thanx guys.

one of my flatmates wondered into my room just then and said that KILLBILL has been put down by a load of bad reviews lately. Is this true? I havnt read one bad review on it....mind you ive only read one review.

It did get some negative reviews, but it's to be expected. Not everyone, in fact many, people probably won't like it. But those who do love it. Like me.

Do you know my poetry?
I havn't read one bad review it, I mean I know some people are gonna hate this movie, you either love this movie, or your either disgusted and offended by this movie. I'm one of the ones that loved this movie.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
I'm one of the ones that loved this movie.
I hope i am too. Such a shame if im not

I went to see Kill Bill after I saw the trailer and then the 4 star ratings it received from the usual stuffies that only resereve them for brainac, era/period pieces.
Sometimes the best things that rock your world, like your first kiss, your first car or even watching a movie doesn't necessarily tide you over 'til it sinks in all around you. When I left the theater yesterday, my mind was fluxed with visions, thoughts and selective rememberances of Kill Bill, until even today. It was so beautifully made and thought out. Every sound, camera angle, and dialogue was just cleverly adorned. The characters were believable, and there was balance to all that was good AND evil.
The movie still haunts me, from the chuckles I had between Thurman and Fox, where every other word was bitch ,and how all was simmered down to a quiet , self-restrained hate in regard for Fox's little daughter, to the intense battle between Thurman and the character Gogo, whom I had a guilty pleasure of liking. I was sad to see the outcome.
This movie rocked! It had everything from action to humor whilst all dressed up stylishly and it didn't need a place to go. It was already there.

The Bear with the Funk
From the very moment the movie starts, and I mean THE VERY BEGINNING (The opening 70’s Shaw Brothers logo) I knew I was about to see something that was, well, out there. Quentin created a movie that not only has heart, but soul too. Most might try to compare this movie from Tarantino’s previous work, but WHY?! We already know what Quentin can do, so lets see what he’s got next you know. The House of Blues Leaves chapter is clearly the best 40 min. or so of film most of us are lucky to ever see. And we are lucky as it is to see this movie with an R rating instead of the notorious NC-17 rating. Chapter 5 (Show-down at The House of Blue Leaves) scared the MPAA and they wanted this film to have a NC-17 rating because the bloodiest best sword fight to date was in this chapter. But Quentin and his genius cleverly avoid this MPAA rating just as classic Film Noir films did in the late 40’s, be artistic and not really show us what was happening. Instead of cutting out this scene, Quentin showed us these fights in a way that was beautiful, and the cool thing was we were just so into the fights that were didn’t care about the blood looking like oil or heck not seeing the blood at all, we just loved seeing the images moving in B&W, or in a black and blue environment! We feel so sympathetic for the Bride from the moment we see what as happened to her, we don’t care about anyone but her, we want her to kill everyone that has done her wrong, simple way to push a movie along, but who cares, its enough trust me. Some of the actors that stood out from the rest was the infamous Sonny Chibawith his Hattori Hanzoperformance along with Lucy-Liu as O-Ren and her gang of Crazy 88’s. Quentin may joke around, exaggerate some, but that is what going to a movie is about, especially an action movie. We want to see blood, we want to see people fighting with swords (best fight of the year people) we need a movie that wont hold back, wont be tame with us, wont be gentle. I truly believe that Kill Bill does everything But these things. Do yourself a favor, get out, shell out a few bucks and check out this movie. Quentin you old dog you, you did it again, now hurry up and release Volume 2!!!!!!!

I loved this film so much i cant describe in words!
Ive seen it twice in one day is that good.
The cast is supurb, and I think Tarentino is the greatest directer of all time. 10/10

I must become Caligari..!
I just saw the first 40 or so mins of this film and what can i say but........ WOW.......

Damndusherthinkshesso****inggoodjust'cozhekickedmeouthofthetheaterjust'cozimnot18ihavetherightmindto takethat****ingtourchstickitstraituphis****ingass.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I ate all your bees.
The best movie I have seen in a long time, it was fresh and original...I simply cannot wait until Vol. 2

Bruce Campbell Groupie
Watching this film tomorrow, really looking forward to it, hope I'm not disappointed.

Kill Bill: Volume One
2003 | dir. Quentin Tarantino
**œ

Self-gratifying confirmation that Tarantino's six-year hiatus was indeed a result of creative block. A complete step in the wrong direction after a film that showed real, further development as a filmmaker, 1997's Jackie Brown. Although I'm a big fan of Tarantino, I am worried about where he's going to go from here. Inglorious Bastards is a straight rip [or so I've heard] of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Tarantino needs more now than just his favourite films to get him buy. He needs originality, not the power of pastiche.

I thought Uma gave the film the only weight it had. The RZA's original score [although even that was pastiche and homage most of the time too] was great. Sonny Chiba did a fine job, despite his entire chapter being a sad and unsophisticated attempt at the Kurosawa-breed of samurai film. The best sequence of the film came in the form of the ending, after the overpraised [and redundant] House of Blue Leaves sequence. Not because it was ending, mind you – it's not as though I hated the thing – but because it really did end very, very well.

Grossly underwhelming on the whole, with some wonderful but sadly inconsistent moments throughout. I'm not saying Tarantino needs to go back to Pulp Fiction. I don't believe he does. I believe he needs to find an original thought, and stop trying to recreate the stuff he saw as a video store jerk.

as many of you say I agree its a great movie. The Story line was well put together and the actors in the movie were amazing. Cant wait for the second one.

I saw it again, enjoyed it much more, was able to sort of get a handle on it. Everything I said in my original post still stands, although I guess I'll allow Tarantino this one detour...

saw this yesterday and absoloutly loved it. Never really been a big fan of Tarentino as i always got the impression he was too aware of his own coolness but seeing this yesterday i absoloutly loved it. the homage to old american TV series in a starsky and hutch style way was brilliant. there were so many differnet styles in this movie that you have to like it. Also made me laugh a lot more than i thought it would. tarentino has certainly done it again

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
saw this yesterday and absoloutly loved it. Never really been a big fan of Tarentino as i always got the impression he was too aware of his own coolness but seeing this yesterday i absoloutly loved it. the homage to old american TV series in a starsky and hutch style way was brilliant. there were so many differnet styles in this movie that you have to like it. Also made me laugh a lot more than i thought it would. tarentino has certainly done it again
So glad you liked it blib, I knew you would. All these styles Quentin uses make this movie, just amazing. Kill Bill is my new favorite movie of this year.

i just saw this movie tonight, curtosy [sp?] of my roomate. i already had read waay too much about this movie, always a bad way to go into it, so knowing what to expect from all the hype i just went in to get my roomate's money's worth, and it was certainly worth free. anyhow a lot of the music sounded lifted straight out of a spaghetti western, and i stuck around to see the music credits. so i'm pretty sure i saw ennio morricone's name listed there [not surprisingly]. unless i'm mistaken, and i didnt actually see that, anyone know what movies those pieces were taken from? i dont have my morricone anthology with me so i cant really check and see if i have those already. also does anybody know who the band was in the japanese dance club scene? i cant find it on imdb and i think i missed it in the credits.

this movie further confirms my feeling that stylized violence done well in live action can always be done even better in animation.

it also further confirms my sneaking suspicion that lucy liu just sounds like a bland dope when she's speaking english.

the movie's a grab bag so really just take your pick. i liked it.