Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
I also just watched Before Sunrise -
which didn't take very long to lead me into watching Before Sunset

The Bib-iest of Nickels

2:13: Killers are not born, they are made, or at least that's the tagline for 2:13 which quoted some viewers for proclaiming it the most hollowing thriller since S7ven and Silence of the Lamb. That's a very, very bold statement to make whenever you consider the budget that they had for cinematography, actors, and several other aspects. You can say that a movie is not defined by the money that goes into it, but you need money to get actors, and usually, the biggest actors are popular for a reason, and over-time, not unlike the Liam Neeson in Taken, they start to develop specific skills that can't be found in those that haven't spent so much time on the big-screen.

The movie is written and starring Mark Thompson, who evidently does something related to radio, but I have never heard of him. While I'd certainly call proclamations of this being the equivalent of Silence of the Lambs or S7ven, a little overboard, I would say that this was an above-average crime-thriller. Mark Thompson did a very good job, hats off to him, and Mark Pellegrino did a good effort in his role. Some of you may know him for playing Jacob in Lost, personally, I knew him from playing Paul on Dexter.

Mark Thompson had a really good character, or at least, I think, there's always these crime-thrillers with a character established as an ******* alcoholic. Honestly, it's an absolute cliche, and that's why crime-thrillers are usually bad, but luckily, Mark Thompson sort-of has a "way" about him that naturally carries divine arrogance, sprinkled with a small little bit of good, kind-of like a Robert Downey Jr. vibe. Which is actually a compliment, at least for this role, in the same way it's a compliment for Downey when he's playing Iron Man.

I think Mark Thompson's character is really the best part of the film, and not only that, but the concept behind the killer is kind-of cool. I mean, the actual reasons that he does things are a little cookie-cutter, but I always enjoy a little unique crazy like what he did with the masks and Shakespeare. The budget showed a lot in the movie when it came to the camera-work or the stylization in itself, but there are some times where it doesn't prove damage to a film itself, and I think that it might have actually added something to the film.

In conclusion, it isn't a great movie, but I do think that it's a good one, and right up there with Monsters, Shadow, The Final, After.Life, and a few other lesser known flicks that I really enjoyed.

Rounders

Unregistered User

12 Years a slave - Probably bested my already high expectations of this film. Incredible performances especially from Ejiofor and Fassbender. In face, I even enjoyed Cumberbatch and thats saying something!!

9/10

Paths of Glory - Not my favourite Kubrick but its still extremely impressive. So realistic and great acting with some of the best battle scenes ive witnessed.

8.5/10

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.

What can I say...I was really surprised with this movie,so good use of CGI,awesome story telling,when you get to point when you want apes to kick humans ass then you know movie is doing a good job.You can really see that Cesar is a lot smarter than other monkeys in start,even later on,that bridge scene was well made,smart battle tactics...You can really buy story of how this happens,it is fast and unexpected.They picked perfect name...Cesar...This movie is pretty realistic,if this happens it would probably happen like this nobody would saw it coming or had time to stop it...I think it would be really hard to create this movie without using CGI this much so again great job.All in all good movie,I enjoyed it...I can't wait for Dawn of the Planet...

VERDICT-8.5-10

Eraserhead

I'm not much into surrealism or abstract art, which is what I took this as. Still, this movie does have it's merits, it creates a creepy vibe that never let's up. It's not my kind of movie, but I'm glad I watched it.

Unregistered User
Eraserhead

I'm not much into surrealism or abstract art, which is what I took this as. Still, this movie does have it's merits, it creates a creepy vibe that never let's up. It's not my kind of movie, but I'm glad I watched it.
I liked it, although it definately wasnt a comfortable watch.

The Croods
(Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders, 2013)

With Dreamworks' spotty history in terms of the quality of their animated films, I went into this movie with a lot of reservations. In the end I can't say that I was disappointed but I certainly didn't love it either. It had its moments, but I feel like the overriding theme of the importance of family was already much more effectively explored in Dreamworks' 2006 film, Over the Hedge - which features a similar plot, funnier scenes, much cuter characters and some engaging social commentary.

+

Finished here. It's been fun.
La Jetée-
. This 24 minute short-film thats only a series of still-photographs is better than many full-length films I've seen.How crazy is that? Very interesting, and I can see how it later influenced the sci-fi flick 12 Monkeys. I am glad I checked it out.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
La Jetée-
. This 24 minute short-film thats only a series of still-photographs[...]
It actually has some motion picture in it.

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Eraserhead

You should try giving Inland Empire a viewing if you haven't already. It actually makes Lynch's debut feel quite quaint in comparison.

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Hunger Games:Catching Fire-
Superior to the first one in every way imaginable. Catching Fire is a solid and thoroughly entertaining blockbuster. It's certainly a step above other teen-focused book adaptations as it at least tries to attempt larger themes and it doesn't treat the audience as complete morons. I found myself entertained and Im rather curious to see the final two parts.