Most "Dramatic Death Scene" in a movie

Tools    

I was just wondering what you guys though. I enjoy watching a nicely done "dramatic, death scene" once in a while. It gives me alot of sympathy for the character that dies.....

I believe Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring because near the end, Boromir dies, by getting shot by the arrows of the Uruk-Hai. Peter Jackson captivated that moment so well when Boromir(portrayed by Sean Bean) falls to the ground with a blank face. It is very dramatic, because even though he got shot, he still stood up and fought a bunch more Uruk-Hai.....until the third shot...and then he fell gracefully to the ground. It just gives me so much enjoyment when Aragorn finally kills the Uruk-Hai captain who killed Boromir.

Anyway, what do you guys think??

What i mean is that....what character in a movie that dies made you actually feel "SORRY" for him....and felt his pain.?

Yeah that was a pretty touching death scene.

I personaly don't like characters dieing unless it's really needed, but if it's benificial for the story i'll accept it.

i liked tony montana's death in scarface. i didnt really feel bad for him but it was a really good scene.

also i really felt bad for Ricky in Boys N the hood. he didnt deserve to die.

So many good movies, so little time.
Roy in Blade Runner.

William Wallace in Braveheart!

Butch and Sundance.

Rocky in Angels with Dirty Faces.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Remember that crap movie that came out, I think it was called Matrix something? Anyways, that one lady fan of Neo's, with the leather pants..., sorry, she died in one of the movies, that was until that dork with the trenchcoat fondled her heart or somethin weak like that. People started laughing in the theaters when he did that. That's the most dramatic death scene, in my opinion.

Braveheart
William Wallace

dunno if it counts since he was tortured...

I'm being chased by evil pirates!!!
Elias in Platoon

Platoon
Evil Dead
Goodfellas
Alice in Wonderland
Rocky Horror Picture Show

Hooch in Turner & Hooch. That poor piece of Vietnamese steak.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi

William Wallace in Braveheart

Boromir in Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring

but I think the one that tops them all is. . .
Jesus in the Passion of the Christ.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Roy Batty in Bladerunner was a king scene, eh uconjack?

Must say -
1) The Terminator's demise in the original film. For all its' power and dexterity it is crushed between the two slabs of, ironically, a machine press. You can just see its' unbelieving eyes as it is flattened. To itself this is a seemingly impossible occurence. Reaching indefatiguably at its' target, how can I be defeated? The question disturbing its' logic processes til the last glow of its' little red eye.. [Notice the consoling score by Brad Fiedel also.]
2) The death of the captain-of-the-guard at the hands of Navarre in Ladyhawke. In a church, in the presence of a bishop and his order. Impaled on Navarre's father's sword. The way its' captured on film and the music and battle scene leading to it are perfect drama.
3) Dizzy in Starship Troopers was a good one too. All the desperation and even a kind of hope lying in Rico's arms one last time. Right in the presence of Rico's less than perfect 'former' girl no less.
4) The Captain's death in Das Boot, looking over all the men and the U-boat that survived all that drama and chaos, only to see them all snuffed out. The U-boat sinking is so effectively simple it puts Titanic to shame.
5) Last but not least:
Alex Murphy in Robocop (the director's cut). That scene made me feel for the character more than any dying mother, father or son in any film I've ever seen. Maybe I just have another level of 'dramatic'. Twisted as it may seem.

"You probably don't think I'm a very nice guy do you?"
"Buddy, I think your slime."

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
...but I think the one that tops them all is. . .
Jesus in the Passion of the Christ.
Okay you win.

The Alamo Davy Crockett

The Bridge on the River Kwai
WARNING: "The Bridge on the River Kwai" spoilers below
Colonel Nicholson failing on the charging handle

Throne of Blood
WARNING: "Throne of Blood" spoilers below
Taketori Washizu in a rain of arrows

Colonel Nicholson doesn't die; he faints.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Colonel Nicholson doesn't die; he faints.
Nicholson struggles with Joyce to prevent him from pushing the plunger, as both Warden and Shears from their different vantage points shout out to Joyce: "Kill him!" Shears dives into the water from the other shore to reinforce the position. He swims across the water in an attempt to reach and kill Nicholson, and then detonate the bridge. Joyce is killed first by one of the shots (from Warden's own weapon!) - followed by a brief camera reaction shot of Joyce's lover - one of the Siamese porter-ladies on the hillside. Next, Shears is wounded in the leg by a shot from a Japanese guard, followed by another quick reaction shot of the face of his Siamese lover, and then a second fatal shot (again from Warden's gun). Mortars fired from Warden on the hillside kill more of the Japanese guards.

Nicholson finally realizes he is blocking his own Allied side's operation to blow up the bridge. He gasps:

What have I done?
At the exact moment when the train is passing over the bridge, he is hit by shrapnel from the mortars. Nicholson staggers around semi-consciously, and falls mortally wounded on the dynamite plunger. He blows up his beloved bridge and sends the trainload of Japanese soldiers into the river. The pleasing-to-look-at bridge crumbles and collapses.

[The motives behind the detonation of the bridge are unclear and ambiguous in the film's dramatic ending. His fall onto the detonator - was it accidental or intentional?]

Always the cold and calculating soldier, Warden turns toward the only survivors of the commando raid, the women-bearers. He feels guilty and begs their forgiveness for using mortars - and for using his own rifle to kill two of the commandos (Joyce and Shears), his men:

I had to do it. I had to do it. They might have been captured alive. It was the only thing to do.

Exerpt taken from
The Greatest Films

The Bridge On The River Kwai

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
I stand corrected.
Thats cool

Also The Wild Bunch and about four other Sam Peckinpah film's.

The master of the slow motion blood letting.

Never Give an Inch

WARNING: "Never Give an Inch" spoilers below
Joe Ben Stamper slowly drowns while his brother tries to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation

William Wallace in Braveheart definitely (i kno its been said about a hundred times but i think i have to say it out of respect for the movie)

Also Frank in Donnie Darko because it really clears up most of the movie.

I also think Johnny Depp's ex in Secret Window, because not only is see cryin hysterically but i kinda wanted Johnny to kill her (that whore).

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Gandalf's "death", i thought it was pretty dramatic

Definately Roy Batty in Bladerunner

Not the same kind of dramatic but romeo and juliet, baz luhrman stylee

Haldir's death in LOTR: TTT

Roman's death scene in Scream 3

"Haldir's death"??!?!?!?!! Oh, my Gollum. I hate that part. But, I will give you the right to your own opinion.

Mine (I love good death scenes, morbid as that may sound):

Boromir - LotR: TFotR (how touching. I love his dispair at the end. They'll be no one left now to lead his people and save his beloved city. Then when Aragorn says "I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail." he has hope, and comes full circle to declare Aragorn his kin and his rightful King. Awesome stuff. Great acting.)

Maximus - Gladiatior (my FAVE. I love this movie. The acting in his death scene is so good. The way he looks into another world, and that small smile that creeps up on his face when he sees his wife and son... good stuff.)

Others I like (and that, I might mention, make me cry):

Simon in Simon Birch (how very sad!)
Esparanza in The Mask of Zorro (this one I like for her acting, and the directing)
Mufasa in The Lion King (WHAT?!)
Beau Geste in Beau Geste (1939 version)
*Signs
*Always
*The Hunt for Red October
*Pirates of the Caribbean; TCotBP
*High Noon