THE PEG (Pickem' Eliminator Gauntlet) informational thread

Tools    

Well, cripes, my weekend got insane all at once and I don't have time to do this properly, I don't think. Lemme see if I can bang out some picks in the next 10 minutes. This is gonna be lame and bad, but I guess it's better than missing the week entirely. Meh. BRB.

Bengals
Cowboys
Broncos
Colts
Ravens
Vikings
Patriots
Eagles
Panthers
Giants
Texans
Steelers
Saints
Browns
Bears

I was pretty close to taking both the Pats and the Cowboys over those huge spreads, but decided that maybe garbage time scores will be the only time the Dolphins and Jets have the chance of covering anything.
I would certainly never bet a team laying that many points.

I went 5-3 on the early games, I don't know if that is good or not.
Against the spread anything above 500 is great, especially when you have to pick all of the games.

Let the night air cool you off
I noticed that Yoda picked both the Chiefs and the Ravens.... I think he meant to pick the Raiders when he said the Ravens, because they were the game right underneath the Chiefs/Ravens game.... That said, is it against the rules to pick both teams in a single game?

Yeah, I don't recall (and as I mentioned, I had to do this running out the door), so I'm fine with making that assumption re: the Ravens. Which I'm saying now while not even recalling the Ravens score, so I don't even know if it would help or hurt me.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

If there are scoring errors, please bring them to attention.

Please keep in mind the effect that bye-weeks will play. If you are left to pick from teams on a bye, they will be scored as a loss.

It is what it is. If you have to look ahead to ensure teams are available, that's part of the deal. It plays the same for everyone. There was a demand to use the spread, but if you can cherry-pick 5 games every week, the edge-player's advantage is magnified.

Maybe it's unorthodox and a little ragged around the edges, but I think everyone can tell it's genuine denim

It is what it is. If you have to look ahead to ensure teams are available, that's part of the deal. It plays the same for everyone. There was a demand to use the spread, but if you can cherry-pick 5 games every week, the edge-player's advantage is magnified.

Maybe it's unorthodox and a little ragged around the edges, but I think everyone can tell it's genuine denim

There is no such thing as cherry picking when you are using the spread, that would be the point of using the spread. The way you want us to do it, we would be picking teams we don't even think can win. There is completely no point in it.

It plays the same for everyone. Nobody ever accused me of being the sharpest knife in the oven

Week 4

Falcos
Dolphins
Panthers
Rams
Vikings

Patriots
Chiefs
Panthers
Jaguars