Statistics on posts, rep, etc.
6.06%
2 votes
Overhauled forum structure
15.15%
5 votes
Something else (specified below)
33 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Usually the double spacing happens to me in the "advanced" reply screen. I have to click "preview post" so I can take care of it. I think it's something about the coding, but hey I don't know jack about how to make a website.

Let's move the double-spacing talk (and anything else about little bugs or tweaks, as opposed to full-fledged new features and overhauls) to this thread. If you guys having this issue could do in there and describe it more (I'd specifically want to know what browser you're using), I'd appreciate it.

Just to say I've never had a double-spacing issue nor any problems with encoding links on here so must be something specific.

Sorry Chris, I'm a slow typer

Also answers to Jabba
@Citizen Rules@ I addressed some of your questions in the thread @Yoda linked.

Edit: I see that the @ tagging works perfectly here (even in a name with a space as long as you wrap it around @ ). That is a very common way to handle this and I am glad it is here.

For someone like me though, who is still getting familiar with members usernames (much like most new members), a recommendation system addition to the tagging would go a long way.

As an administrator myself, I must admit I am quite a whore for statistics.

Most Active In: Intermission (53% posts)
Genre Most Watched: Action (38% reviews)
Average Movie Rating:
(61% reviews)

Should have a reasonably decent version of the seen log up pretty soon, just sprucing some of the options up a bit.

Gonna try to strike a better balance between what I did back in the day, where I rolled out features at lightning speed but they were really rough around the edges, and the thing I've done the last few years where I try to wait until they're perfect. This should be a good test case, where I get something 80% of the way there in a fraction of the time and be content to sand off the edges after.

Just thought of something I think I mentioned a while ago... just to add more to Yods' workload

A list on MoFo, that live-updates itself... based on who has what in their Top 10 Favourites on their profile?
Looking at my own profile, I can see who already has, say, Jurassic Park in their Top 10, and what placement they gave it... but it'd be a list that combines everyones' faves.

Would have to be a points based thing, so like, 10 points for each #1 spot it's given in peoples' Top 10s, and 1 point for each 10th place.

Would be a fun thing to look at, and give a nice MoFo demographic too.

Just thought of something I think I mentioned a while ago... just to add more to Yods' workload

A list on MoFo, that live-updates itself... based on who has what in their Top 10 Favourites on their profile?
Looking at my own profile, I can see who already has, say, Jurassic Park in their Top 10, and what placement they gave it... but it'd be a list that combines everyones' faves.

Would have to be a points based thing, so like, 10 points for each #1 spot it's given in peoples' Top 10s, and 1 point for each 10th place.

Would be a fun thing to look at, and give a nice MoFo demographic too.
Yup, this is definitely happening. I think it's been floated in a handful of suggestion threads and I've got it partially coded already.

Haven't decided if I'm just gonna go with "most favorited" or a weighted thing like you mention, or maybe a hybrid with ratings. Probably both most favorited and weighted.

Okay, the Seen Log is up.

More changes coming over time, to be sure. Once those are done (or maybe sooner), I'll move on to the next thing. I'm not sure what that'll be yet. I feel like custom lists is the best thing, but I might do statistics on movies and rep and stuff like that, since it could be easier and it'll probably be quicker/more fun. Get another feature launched before diving into something a little more involved like lists or forum structure (which I also might do very soon, but on a very limited basis to start, just to start getting data on how viable it is).

Nice
A live-updating MoFo Demographic List is gonna blow everything out of the water
This should actually be really really easy (except for any perfectionism related to layout, of course), so I'll probably do it very soon, possibly on its own or possibly as part of the larger statistics option in the poll.

Okay, added the ability to edit your Seen entry from the individual movie pages, too (edit button over the big Seen button). Thought this would be a five minute tweak but then I realized you can mark the film unseen and even seen again after, so I needed to hide the button and then bring it back and update the link URL with the new ID blah blah blah.

Anyway, should work, at least on non-mobile (might add it to mobile later, dunno yet).

Gonna see about adding a few more options here, like adding new entries from the log and possibly updating ratings on the fly if it doesn't turn out to be too hard. Once I finish up a couple more things with this, though, I'll probably move on to something else. Probably stats/top favorites/stuff like that, and then when I've procrastinated enough with that, dive into new Lists stuff.

I said forum structure because TV & music should have a larger more obvious section. Actually they both should have their own section.

Is there really enough tv and music talk to warrant separate sections though? I feel like with music in particular typically all we get are posts in the what are you listening to while MoFoing it thread. There's also song tournaments, but those go in the games section.

Is there really enough tv and music talk to warrant separate sections though? I feel like with music in particular typically all we get are posts in the what are you listening to while MoFoing it thread. There's also song tournaments, but those go in the games section.
There are many TV forums and also Music forums so yeah, I think very easily there would be enough activity on both topics to warrant their own sections. For here especially TV as binge-watching has become a staple in society now, even phrases like Netflix and chill are widely known

There are many TV forums and also Music forums so yeah, I think very easily there would be enough activity on both topics to warrant their own sections.
That's true of the internet in general, but I'm not seeing much evidence for that on MoFo. Just my opinion.