Which Hitchcock movie is this?

Tools    

• Black and White
  • Not silent

Two characters traveling to an island in a small boat, one of them is an artist, quite likely a singer. The other one gets ready to bite into a huge sandwich and the petrified artist with his mouth agape almost faints and falls over.
I saw it a long time back (2009) and misplaced the disc.

Could it be an episode from Hitchcok Presents? Perhaps "Hooked"
imdb.com/title/tt0508173

The description doesn't fit any Hitchcock film going back to his silents. As minijames said, it might be from one of the Alfred Hitchcock Presents segments, few of which he directed. Or it could be another director entirely.

Sorry! I am not sure if it is a Hitchcock movie / tv series.
The singer who faints on the boat resembles Sammy Davis Jr. Any ideas?

Sorry! I am not sure if it is a Hitchcock movie / tv series.
The singer who faints on the boat resembles Sammy Davis Jr. Any ideas?
Here's a list and description of all the Hitchcock TV shows. You might be able to find the episode you're looking for in this listing. Good luck! ~Doc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...955%E2%80%9356)

I am not sure about Hitchcock anymore. The people on the boat were traveling to an island where a murder had occurred earlier.

Was the sandwich/fainting a humorous scene? The more I think about it the less I see it as a serious murder/horror movie.

Is the artist more of the Don Knotts/Barney Fife/Mr. Limpet type?

I am not sure about Hitchcock anymore. The people on the boat were traveling to an island where a murder had occurred earlier.
Sounds a bit like:

But that was an Agatha Christie novel directed by Rene Claire.

Thank you, ScarletLion. That looks like it thought it was a bit more vivid in my memory. I will search for similar scenes or remakes of this movie.

Yes, that is it. Thank you!