King Conan "Crown of Iron"

Tools    

I am a complete and non apologetic fan of Robert E Howard's Conan series. I loved the stories as a kid and still re-read them occasionally as a man.

At 14 I snuck into the theatre to see Conan the Barbarian and it still ranks among my top ten films of all time.

Imagine my excitement at the prospect of a new Conan film. I'm really praying this happens... here's some stuff I found.

IGN:
IGN FilmForce recently broke the news that writer/director John Milius, star Arnold Schwarzenegger, producers Larry and Andy Wachowski and studio Warner Brothers may no longer be involved with King Conan: Crown of Iron. Their previous report indicated that the character's owners, Conan Properties, Inc., had been considering going elsewhere due to eagerness to get the project moving.

FilmForce's sources now say that Conan Properties, Inc. has reached an agreement with Warner Brothers allowing the studio to renew their option. Milius and Schwarzenegger's involvement remains unclear at this point, but indications are that the Wachowski brothers are out.

Overwhelming fan response is credited with Conan Properties' turnabout. In excess of five thousand signatures have already been collected for an online petition demanding that Milius be kept on. A formal announcement regarding the project's future may arrive soon.

Meanwhile, in an interview with TheArnoldFans.com, Milius stated that should he remain involved, he's considering casting wrestler "Triple H" as Conan's estranged son, Kon. The Rock and Vin Diesel are apparently no longer under consideration for the role.

Milius has already decided that the film should be shot in Turkey and Croatia. Word is that if Milius has his way Conan will wield a new weapon this time around: a specially designed battle-axe dubbed "The Aqualonean Spatha."
Anyone else excited about this?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Sure, but maybe not as much as you, barbarian-lover.

Who the hell are The Rock and Triple H???

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

WHAT?

YOU UNCULTURED SWINE!

You don't watch professional wrestling between your mountain goat-roping escapades?

Lemme help you:

Rock (Duane Johnson)(Scorpion King):

Triple H:

(I'm his body double)

Originally posted by Sir Toose
WHAT?

YOU UNCULTURED SWINE!

You don't watch professional wrestling between your mountain goat-roping escapades?
I don't watch it at all.

Rock (Duane Johnson)(Scorpion King)
Oh, right... Him.

Triple H:

(I'm his body double)

Body double a.k.a. secretly in love with.

I've never understood the thrill of american wrestling. They are showing some wild stuff here on Eurosport though, K1. Ever seen that? It's a bunch of karate-dudes and kick boxers kicking the **** out of each other - full contact - and the fights always seem to be in Japan for some reason. There is this black american football player who don't know how to fight really - The Beast, the japanese call him. He's 2 meters tall and weighs 170 kilos (convert it to feet and pounds yourself, lazy ass), and he is just so out of place. I can't decide what I think about this sport, but I'm always stuck in front of the tv with my mouth wide open when it's on. It's fascinating yet disgusting at the same time...

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I loved Conan the Barbarian! I don't know how anyone could dislike the Conan series or the movies (this was the case in an earlier Conan related thread). I understand Conan the Destroyer wasn't all that great, but it was still a fun movie. Thulsa Doom, played by James Earl Jones in Conan the Barbarian, ranks way up ith my favorite villians of all time. That movie is awesome!

Oh, and on the King Conan think has the promise of being awesome. I am all for its making.

Piddy
American wrestling is really pretty stupid. It's more of a drama with sequenced events than it is a sport. It's fun sometimes, like once in GREAT while.

The fighting you're talking about is most likely "Pride". We have some over here like "King of the Ring" and "UFC".

Pride is Japanese and pay the combatants the most money. The rules are kind of a drag especially for the wrestlers as they'll stand a match up after a few minutes of floor grappling. UFC and the like are strictly hands off for referees...other than to stop the fights of course if someone is getting killed.

I'm still a boxing purist, despite the lack of a real heavyweight contender (I wish David Tua would learn just one new punch).

I enjoy watching a good boxing fight too, or a good K1 match too for that matter. I don't like when the fights are too uneven though, like with that american football player. He just can't fight but does it anyway for the money - and risks getting seriously injured. He can't kick, and not hit very good either - only hard - and he can't protect himself. It's kind of hard to watch that kind of fights sometimes... It's a slaughter more than it is a sport.

Originally posted by Sir Toose
At 14 I snuck into the theatre to see Conan the Barbarian and it still ranks among my top ten films of all time.
Woah, that's how I saw it as well. My best friend, Ron, and I snuck in to see it. It was my first 'R' rated movie. I only remember the boobies though, sorry.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally posted by LordSlaytan

Woah, that's how I saw it as well. My best friend, Ron, and I snuck in to see it. It was my first 'R' rated movie. I only remember the boobies though, sorry.
Why are you sorry? That's a pretty nice memory, don't you think?

Originally posted by LordSlaytan

I think my first was "The Island" with Michael Caine... that was a really twisted movie.

I bumped this thread due to the fact that I think Sir Toose is entirely right.

I think John Cena should play Conan. Does anybody else think this as well?

He looks like Conan alot in my book.

Either that, or Mickey Rourke...
But he's too old.