Shyamalan's new flick - Sundowning

Tools    

I dunno how it'll turn out, but this type of project is what a lot of people (myself included) have felt he should probably take on for awhile now. The guy still has a lot of raw talent, and is capable of more than we've been seeing, I think.

I'll keep watching.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
They still allow him to make movies? Dude squandered any promise he showed a long time ago. After Earth? Last Airbender? I don't know anyone who liked either of those. And The Happening was just poorly cast on all levels to the point of ruining what could have been a good movie. No More, M. Night Shamalamadingdong!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Agree.
He did well with Unbreakable and Signs, they were great films and he did really well in critique circles with The 6th Sense even though I didn't like The 6th Sense myself, I thought it was too transparent...

The rest of his stuff has been lower than mediocre. The Happening and After Earth were just abysmal.
Praying With Anger, Wide Awake, Stuart Little (writer), The Village, Lady In The Water, The Happening, The Last Airbender, Devil and After Earth... ugh.

2 decent films out of 12?
16% isn't a résumé to be proud of.

Well, I never claimed to have anything above pedestrian taste in films, but I like what I like.

I haven't see the ones that seem to cause the most consternation but I do like:
  • The Village
  • Lady in the Water
  • The Happening
  • Devil

As well as the more popular ones (6th Sense, Unbreakable, Signs).

I think his treatments of myth/legend in film are quite unique (for American films) and I'll take some chaff with the wheat to see an interesting perspective. Part of the game.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I'll pass on this one. I pretty much gave up on Shyamalan after The Last Airbender.

I'll definitely watch it. I thought After Earth was a pretty damn interesting flick, actually. Maybe Jayden isn't gonna have that same on screen charm that his dad has, but I still liked the story.

The rest of his stuff has been lower than mediocre. The Happening and After Earth were just abysmal.
Praying With Anger, Wide Awake, Stuart Little (writer), The Village, Lady In The Water, The Happening, The Last Airbender, Devil and After Earth... ugh.
Nothing wrong with Devil(He didn't direct or write the main finished script though) or The Village. Both decent films.

I laughed.

I really liked The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable and had mixed feelings about Signs (I liked some stuff, but had some problems with it too, especially that irritating, ungrateful son of Gibson's character).

I haven't seen any of his other stuff, so in my opinion he's still a decent director. I'm not planning on destroying that idea of him in the near future, as I'm not eager to watch some of his more recent films (unless he directs a new film that looks interesting).

I laughed.

I really liked The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable and had mixed feelings about Signs (I liked some stuff, but had some problems with it too, especially that irritating, ungrateful son of Gibson's character).

I haven't seen any of his other stuff, so in my opinion he's still a decent director. I'm not planning on destroying that idea of him in the near future, as I'm not eager to watch some of his more recent films (unless he directs a new film that looks interesting).
He's really been jeapordizing his name with his slew of recent films. I'm still holding out that he has some gems left in him.