Is Paramount Plus worth subscribing to?

Tools    

I'm thinking about subscribing to Paramount Plus and was wondering if it's worth it. They seem to have a lot of good movies and shows.
I just had a subscription to Paramount Plus so I could binge watch the original The Love Boat. After that I looked around at what they had to watch and besides the various Star Trek series, I didn't see much of interest so canceled.

Currently I'm watching stuff on Tubi. It's free but has brief commercials, though it does have lots of older sci fi and classic TV shows.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm thinking about subscribing to Paramount Plus and was wondering if it's worth it. They seem to have a lot of good movies and shows.

It probably depends on what you want to watch.

Their website has a page that lists all of the shows that are on Paramount Plus:

https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/all/

And another page that lists all of the movies that are on Paramount Plus:

https://www.paramountplus.com/movies/all/

Also, Google shows that they have a 30-day free trial, but their site only shows a one week free trial, so you might want to Google "Paramount Plus free trial" to find out how to get the longer version.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
It probably depends on what you want to watch.

Their website has a page that lists all of the shows that are on Paramount Plus:

https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/all/

And another page that lists all of the movies that are on Paramount Plus:

https://www.paramountplus.com/movies/all/

Also, Google shows that they have a 30-day free trial, but their site only shows a one week free trial, so you might want to Google "Paramount Plus free trial" to find out how to get the longer version.

I did check out the website and I saw a lot of movies I'd like to watch, including Top Gun Maverick, Orphan First Kill, and A Quiet Place part 2. I'll check Google to look for a free month. Thanks!

It also has all the Indiana Jones movies which I love.

Currently I'm watching stuff on Tubi. It's free but has brief commercials, though it does have lots of older sci fi and classic TV shows.

I occasionally watch Columbo on Tubi TV. Check out Pluto TV. They're good too. And free.

It's coming along. They have a chunk of good movies in the library, and a few shows: South Park, Players (esports comedy/drama, from the same guys who did American Vandal), and obviously Poker Face coming up. Oh, and Evil, which I really like.

Definitely one of those "subscribe for a month at a time" services for now, though.

It's coming along. They have a chunk of good movies in the library, and a few shows: South Park, Players (esports comedy/drama, from the same guys who did American Vandal), and obviously Poker Face coming up. Oh, and Evil, which I really like.

Definitely one of those "subscribe for a month at a time" services for now, though.

At what point would one want to switch from a monthly subscription to a yearly subscription?

At what point would one want to switch from a monthly subscription to a yearly subscription?
I would never sign up anywhere for an entire year. I go in & out of several streaming services (never tried Paramount+) on a month-by-month basis. I would say two months is my longest stay on any streaming website.

Depends on how many things you want to watch on it. Me, it's just a few shows and a handful of movies, so it's pretty easy to wait until enough have accumulated and watch them all in a month.

If, on the other hand, you love a lot of their sitcoms or their older library of films, it might make sense to stick around longer. But there are only a few streaming services I regard as all-the-time streaming services, that put out enough new stuff on a regular basis that turning them on and off isn't worthwhile, and I'm reconsidering even one of those.

I love EVIL. It is my favorite tv show. I always subscribe while it is on. I could wait and binge it for a month but I can't. i am a sucker for that show.

But there are only a few streaming services I regard as all-the-time streaming services, that put out enough new stuff on a regular basis that turning them on and off isn't worthwhile,
Which streaming services do you consider all-the-time services?

I would never sign up anywhere for an entire year. I go in & out of several streaming services (never tried Paramount+) on a month-by-month basis. I would say two months is my longest stay on any streaming website.
I signed up for a year of Disney Plus. I'm partly regretting that decision. Most of their stuff is for children. It's a chore sifting through their movies to find something decent, but fortunately I like everything I've seen so far.

I think it depends if you are subscribing to watch an existing library of content, or whether you are doing so watch anticipated new content.

I watch the most things on Hulu, and of the other streaming services, I think HBO Max has the highest quality content. If it were me, I'd probably keep Hulu all the time, since my having it isn't really tied to particular shows that are coming up, but more to the number of shows that I'm watching on the service, which are often older shows and not ones that are currently in production or that are anticipated. Even for HBO Max, I feel like you could strategically only pay for it for a few months (for example, if you like Succession, subscribe when the new season ends, and then watch in one month) and really don't need it year round, but I mostly have it to watch new shows, rather than their existing library of older content.

Regarding Paramount Plus, I love 1883, so I'd subscribe just to watch that, but there are only a few shows I'm watching on there, so I'd likely not recommend subscribing to that year round, if you're trying to save money.

Right now, Netflix, Hulu, and HBO. Actually, a micro streaming service called "Dropout," too, but for purposes of recommending things to others that's probably not helpful/relevant.

I find it pretty unusual to go a month without wanting to see something on one of those three, though.