The Guitar Guild

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Yamaha CPX600 VT?
She looks beautiful.
Thanks, I love it. It's the perfect size for me, too. I haven't had a chance to plug it up and try the preamp, tho. Maybe this weekend.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
Oh crap, I forgot to report that I traded this guitar:

for this guitar...

I just didn't like the neck on that Ibanez, even if the guitar was a looker. So I went out shopping the used stores for a guitar that played really well and had a neck I really adored. Many hours later, the Petrucci was mine!

Still not my main axe, as my Charvel Dark Amber is still my favorite guitar that I own...

If I remember, I will take pics of my actual guitars and post them.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm jealous. Most all my gear is in storage, indefinitely. I've gone through withdrawals avoiding used online storefronts. Trying to, at least. GC has a bloat of De'Armonds at the moment, but those prices are still too high IMO. Some of those guitars are near double what they were running just 5 years back. OK, I lied. I've taken a peek or two.

=\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I'm jealous. Most all my gear is in storage, indefinitely. I've gone through withdrawals avoiding used online storefronts. Trying to, at least. GC has a bloat of De'Armonds at the moment, but those prices are still too high IMO. Some of those guitars are near double what they were running just 5 years back. OK, I lied. I've taken a peek or two.

=\
all the more reason i’m glad i went crazy and bought all the stuff i did when i did.

no way i’d buy half this stuff now. prices are ridiculous. 20-30% off means nothing when prices went up 30-40%

I've decided to dig out an old microphone and actually record my voice. I've never done this on my own before. Don't really know what I'm doing, as per normal. Didn't nail it. But it's late. Good fun though.

https://voca.ro/1kqIcKMDhCYK

I've decided to dig out an old microphone and actually record my voice. I've never done this on my own before. Don't really know what I'm doing, as per normal. Didn't nail it. But it's late. Good fun though.

https://voca.ro/1kqIcKMDhCYK
Beautiful! Love the haunting quality. Reminds me of Sigur Ros.

Does anyone have a Taylor acoustic? I've got my heart set on one and I feel all a quiver just thinking about owning one. Went to view a couple and they are stunning.

Does anyone have a Taylor acoustic? I've got my heart set on one and I feel all a quiver just thinking about owning one. Went to view a couple and they are stunning.

I have a 1975 Guild, but a buddy of mine has a Taylor, and it sounds and plays like a dream. I know he paid a good chunk of money for it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

I've fantasized of a Taylor for just under a decade, but they're just too much for me. I've watched the price of the few models I'm interested in steadily rise year after year in pretty massive chunks. Doubt I'll ever have one, but I did get turned onto old Takamine guitars as a cheaper option and I'm happy with it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Lately, I've been playing an electric guitar acoustically. I composed a fast riff that I can definitely play perfectly and just pick my guitar every day to play that riff.

Here's the riff in case you want to steal it for your own song:

https://vocaroo.com/1azaHXoW2o5x

Also, it's as fun as always to record myself trying to come up with new riff ideas. It's super annoying when you come up with a riff and then have trouble playing it, though.

https://vocaroo.com/11oNnEXTW80m
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

i wanted a small amp for the living room that wouldn’t get in the way and would travel easily. but it’s probably just GAS 😅