Hoopla Streaming Service

Tools    

Does any member use Hoopla?

Apparently its free but you use your library card.. I have one for my local library but have been wanting to try the site.

If you have used it, please advise me of what its like.

Thanks!

@Citizen Rules

I know you check movies out from the library. Have you heard of this?

Does any member use Hoopla?

Apparently its free but you use your library card.. I have one for my local library but have been wanting to try the site.

If you have used it, please advise me of what its like.

Thanks!

@Citizen Rules

I know you check movies out from the library. Have you heard of this?
I have...my library system doesn't have any streaming movies, but...they allowed me to get a courtesy library card to the Seattle library which does. That library has both Hoopla and Kanopy. I haven't really used them much though. All I can say is that they seem to work like other streaming services.

I have...my library system doesn't have any streaming movies, but...they allowed me to get a courtesy library card to the Seattle library which does. That library has both Hoopla and Kanopy. I haven't really used them much though. All I can say is that they seem to work like other streaming services.
Nice! Kanopy lets you watch up to 20 films.. where Hoopla would only let me watch 2. I can upgrade my Hoopla with my online library info and only get 5.

Anyway, I have many ways of streaming movies now..

Thanks @Citizen Rules !

Nice! Kanopy lets you watch up to 20 films.. where Hoopla would only let me watch 2. I can upgrade my Hoopla with my online library info and only get 5.

Anyway, I have many ways of streaming movies now..

Thanks @Citizen Rules !
I'm going to try it again as Kanopy has an obscure western that I can't find anywhere else.

My library used to use Kanopy and it was excellent. Now it uses Hoopla and I think it kind of stinks. I use Hoopla on an android streaming app so I'm not sure if it's better on pc. I usually browse for movies, never having anything in mind just looking for something that looks good and that's where Kanopy excelled. You could browse different genres, decades everything and add to a watchlist. Hoopla, at least the version my library uses, has none of that and it seems like their library is smaller. I get 4 movies per month with Hoopla and was getting 10 with Kanopy. I did have occasional issues with streaming on Kanopy and so far haven't had any troubles with Hoopla. I wish Hoopla was better but it's free so I'm not going to complain.

I just visited hoopla on pc and you can break down films in multiple categories and save for later. Nice, just wish I could do that on their app.