Quentin Tarantino vs. Paul Thomas Anderson
63.93%
39 votes
Quentin Tarantino
36.07%
22 votes
Paul Thomas Anderson
61 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Tarantino. I just find his films so ridiculously, reliably entertaining. Anderson's great, but there are few directors whose films I anticipate the way I anticipate Quentin's.

Tarantino by extremely far.

Two entirely distinctive directors that have had incredible influence on me.

I like them equally, both for their own reasons, but for the sake of the thread I'm going to go with PTA, only because I do feel he's a bit more consistent than Tarantino.

It's like splitting the baby. I pick PTA because I think his themes make you dig deeper. However both are infinitely rewatchable, amazing writers, create great characters, use humor and music to great effect. Glad I don't actually have to choose.

I'm a HUGE fan of Tarantino (really really huge), but I'm going to go with PTA, because he's a little more unpredictable.

Both of them always deliver for me, though. In different ways.

I don't think either are great, but Tarantino is the better of the two.
I think your supposed to be over in the why I hate great cinema thread.

PTA for me easily. He has made two of my very favourite films in The Master and There Will Be Blood and i at least like his other five. While i like QT the only one of his i'd call a favourite is Reservoir Dogs, well Pulp Fiction to a lesser extent maybe.

I'm not sure. Boogie Nights is my favorite, then Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, but then There Will Be Blood is a masterpiece, but then I love Jackie Brown, Death Proof, and Django Unchained, but then there's Magnolia. I don't know, but for me, they're both going backwards.

I'm not sure. Boogie Nights is my favorite, then Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, but then There Will Be Blood is a masterpiece, but then I love Jackie Brown, Death Proof, and Django Unchained, but then there's Magnolia. I don't know, but for me, they're both going backwards.
The Master is one of the best pictures of this century.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I haven't watched Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, or Jackie Brown in a few years, but they aren't amazing like "There Will Be Blood" or "Magnolia" - I also think the last 3-4 movies of QT haven't been good at all. I didn't like PTA's last two, either.

One movie I haven't watched by the two is "Hard Eight" - I've been thinking about it though, I need to put in a movie very soon in the next hour.

Tarantino. Anderson's best movie is There Will Be Blood, but I'd need to watch it thirty more times before it equaled the number of times I've seen Jackie Brown. (And that's not counting Pulp Fiction.) Tarantino is definitely no god to me, and he's made some grating films, most recently the much beloved Django Unchained. My favorite of his films since Jackie Brown is by far Inglourious Basterds. For P.T. Anderson I dislike Hard Eight and have grown to dislike Magnolia, which now strikes me as more crude than ambitious.

I liked The Master, no more, no less.
Have you seen it more than once? I didn't like it much at all on my first viewing. Now it's one of my most rewatched and I get a little more out of it every time.