MovieGal's Top Female Vocalists (not in any order)

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
one of the hottest chicks ever.

You're too kinky, Swan! Let me inject this instantly!

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Olivia Newton-John

Olivia Newton-John, English-born Australia singer who graces the American airwaves in the mid 1970's. She has had many hits through her vocal career including five No. 1 and ten other Top Ten Billboard Hot 100 singles. She has sold an estimated 100 million albums, which makes her the number 1 top selling artist. She has starred in 4 major film hits and has many songs on soundtracks as well. In 1974, she had the hit "If You Love (Let Me Know)."

I heard Magic on the way to work this morning on Sirius XM. I forgot what an awesome song that was.

Suzi Quatro

Suzi Quatro is one of the early women of Rock. I remember growing up listening to her music at a preteen age. My brother had her vinyls. She had many hits during the 1970s like "Can The Can", "48 Crash", "Daytona Demon" and "Devil Gate Drive".

Here I am MovieGal Was Suzi Quatro ever on Happy Days. For some reason it seems she was.
She was but I knew her before then.. thanks to my oldest brother... he and my brother above me had a lot of influence on my early music...

Ahh, thanks. Who then was Pinky Tuscadero?

I just glanced at your thread MG, nicely done! I'm surprised there are many female vocalist here who I really like
she was played by an actress named Roz Kelly.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0446840/

Probably the 70's and early 80's female vocalists. I still have more to post!

I hope you don't mind me playing catch up and recapping some of the vocalist you listed on page 1 and 2.

Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders)
Growing up in the 1970s and 1980s, I loved to listen to music on the radio. Once MTV hit the scene, it was a big deal because you music with video. One of the first videos I remember from MTV was "Brass In Pocket" by The Pretenders. The Pretenders hit the scene in 1970's within the punk rock and new wave movement.

They had hits with "Don't Me Wrong", "Back On The Chain Gang", "Message of Love" and "Brass In Pocket".
I remember when my high school friend's parents got cable and in between the movies on Showtime they played music videos, that was before MTV was created. Of all the videos I seen I was enamored with Chrissie Hynde and the song Brass In Pocket. I had 2 of their albums, well cassette tapes really, and listen to them all the time. I liked all those songs you listed I also remember Talk of the Town being good.

Pat Benatar
Pat hit the scene in the late 1970's. Her voice was a unique one, she is a mezzo-soprano. Her first hit from 1980, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", shot her to popularity. She has had countless hits, such as "Hell Is For Children", "Fire and Ice", "Shadows of The Night", "We Belong" and countless others.
I was in High School and the local radio station was having a Rising Stars concert series and for $2 you could see a rising star in a small venue in Seattle. I remember saying to my classmates, "are you guys going to see Pat Benatar?" Their reply was "uhh, who's he."...I didn't go to that concert but I seen Pat a couple years latter in another small venue with Bryan Adams opening. Good times.

LaFee
(Christina Klein)

LaFee is the stage name for Christina Klein is a German female vocalist from Büsbach, Germany. She only sings in German but I enjoy her music. I was introduced to her music by a co-worker a few years back. She has had mutliple hits in Germany but never reached the American airwaves.

Ana Johnsson

Ana Johnsson is a female vocalist from Gothenburg, Sweden. I noticed her when I became a fan of a Finnish rock band "Bleak". Ana Johnsson did a song with them for the soundtrack to the film "Jadesoturi". I have been a fan since. She has not graced the American airwaves as of yet..

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
to Madonna being listed here. Always have been a huge Madonna fan and I always will be.

Chrissie made some interesting comments in a newspaper interview over here this weekend.

Some good choices posted here yesterday, MG.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I always get excited when Heart comes on the radio.

Amelia Tan
(Angelspit)

Amelia Tan goes by the stage name of "Destroyx" when performing with the electronic music band, Angelspit, from Sydney, Australia. I found Angelspit while listening to KMFDM. Angelspit has toured with them several times. Their music isnt for everyone and Im ok with that. She has since left the band.

I find it interesting what Wikipedia says about their style. Its so MovieGal!

The band's music combines unique and stylistic elements of horror, punk and electronic music as well as pop and their work contains imagery revolving around medical experiments and grotesque societies.

Chibi
(The Birthday Massacre)

Chibi is the lead female vocalist for the Canadian band, The Birthday Massacre. They are a dark wave/goth rock band. I found them several years ago. Since I have grown older, my taste in music has expanded into other genres including the dark wave/goth rock genre. For some reason, it just seems to fit me.

Beatle .. Im not even finished with my list.... I have others to post.. just havent done it lately

If you like Amy Lee.. you should listen to Delain and Within Temptation... pretty similar stuff..

One of my favorite Within Temptation songs.