DC Comic's The Suicide Squad

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Who was really psyched about Tom Hardy being in Suicide Squad?

Unfortunately, he has apparently dropped out due to conflicts. Jake Gyllenhaal is being rumored to be his replacement for the role of Rick Flagg.

Hollywood Reporter

Jared Leto could be sensational as The Joker. He brings a lot of depth to his character. Requiem For A Dream and Dallas Buyers Club shows his real commitment to a role. Now the man's an Academy Award winner.

I could careless about Tom Hardy and did some say he may get replaced b Gyllenhaal? Interesting...especially after seeing him in Night Crawler.

And I think that Will Smith could do great. As long as he doesn't fall down the same path as Jamie Foxx did in Amazing Spiderman 2. He has the talent, he just needs to realize that millions of comic book fans are breathing down his neck. Hancock was great was but a totally different character.

Lord High Filmquisitor
If the movie's on par with Batman: Assault on Arkham, I'll be as happy as a pig in slop. I'm pretty hopeful on that front.

I'm not interested in reading spoilers, but I'm pretty sure Batman will appear. If you read between the lines, no upcoming Batman standalone movie seems to say he will appear in a lot of the DC movies.

....I'm pretty sure Batman will appear. If you read between the lines, no upcoming Batman standalone movie seems to say he will appear in a lot of the DC movies.
It is rumored that Ben Affleck will be in this as Batman. Although no official word has been stated. Although it would make sense with the solo Batman film coming out soon.

Yeah but really Jared Leto as Joker?

I know someone would be a better "Joker"... he's got the grin for it

GOD NO.

I'm sure Jared Leto could do a FABULOUS Joker, but not James Franco!!

If the movie's on par with Batman: Assault on Arkham, I'll be as happy as a pig in slop. I'm pretty hopeful on that front.
I just heard that the possible Batman cameo, if it's true, would be a somewhat encounter with The Joker at Arkham (ala Assault on Arkham) which would then set up the eventual Batman solo film....which in turn is supposed to be a "Batman vs Joker" type film. With both Affleck and Leto. Of course it's all speculation but highly possible.

Just came in that Jake Gyllenhaal WONT be playing Rick Flagg, i was kind of excited for that but ah well. Who do you guys think is a good choice to replace him? @JRS if they keep Batman in line with The Dark Knight Returns, I could totally see a re imagining of the Joker Batman story arc from that comic! Has anyone seen the cast shirts that were released? :O

Jon Bernthal seems like the best fit of the names circulating. I don't know much about Rick Flag, but playing a bad guy is in Bernthal's wheelhouse.

Has anyone else heard about DC Comic's new movie, "The Suicide Squad"? Its been mentioned that Jared Leto maybe playing "The Joker". Director will be David Ayer. Tom Hardy, Will Smith and Margot Robbie are mentioned as well.

There are many sites on the internet talking about this already.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=42701

http://www.thewrap.com/jared-leto-ey...uad-exclusive/
That artwork you posted looks really bad-ass. Is that from a comic, or is it official movie artwork?

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, the actor who played Eko on Lost, appeared in films like G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, The Bourne Identity, Faster, and Thor: The Dark World will be playinhg Killer Croc in David Ayer's Suicide Squad according to The Wrap

Also....

That's not really what the Joker's going to look like in the movie is it?

Looks more like Gollum to me.

Yes, that is the new Joker.

Joker was heavily tattooed in some of the comics and stuff though.

Glad they've gone totally different to Heath Ledger.
Just remember guys, everyone hated Heath Ledger's Joker until he was actually seen on screen.

You know what... ^that^ is going up against Affleck and Cavill... I'm looking forward to it even more now.