The title of a 80s movie about adventures in the bed monster land

Tools    

Hello everyone.

I have recently remembered a movie I saw long ago. It is an 80s (I think) teen/kid movie. It begins with a group of kids who discover and make friends with the bed/night monsters. This idea was stolen by movies like Monsters Inc. The kids and their new made monster friends adventure through their underground land. They visit certain friends closets and have much fun. I think there is some big evil monster who wants to kill the kids, something about if you do not leave by mourning you will forever be in the monster land. The kids and their monster friends struggle to escape and end up coming out somewhere on a California beach.

I know this sounds crazy, but I promise it is a real movie. I was just wondering if anyone knew the name of this movie.

Thanks for your time.

Little Monsters (1989)
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Yes, it's Little Monsters, starring Fred Savage, Howie Mandel (as Maurice the monster) and Daniel Stern. I love this movie. I even have the kid's novelization around somewhere.

haha that movie is a classic. I'm going to add it on my netflix. Anyone ever see the movie "Monster Squad"?

Yeah i've been waiting for years for Monster Squad to come out on DVD, i saw it when i was like 7 and loved it. I hope it comes out soon.

I e-mailed Image Entertainment and asked if they had any idea on if they plans to release Monster Squad on DVD. They put it out on Laserdisc, though Vestron released it on VHS and I can't (yet though) find any contact info for them.

Originally Posted by jrs
I e-mailed Image Entertainment and asked if they had any idea on if they plans to release Monster Squad on DVD. They put it out on Laserdisc, though Vestron released it on VHS and I can't (yet though) find any contact info for them.
Image was a big LaserDisc company, but that was when most of the studios didn't give a flip about that market. They wouldn't have owned the rights to Monster Squad or any other movie they distributed, just temporary licenses that would have expired over a decade ago. With DVDs, the companies like Image have gone the way of the Dodo. And Vestron...I don't think they've been in business since the late '80s.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Arresting your development
Damn it!

Then I want to know who the hell is still reading Images' emails.

The nerve...

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Image was a big LaserDisc company, but that was when most of the studios didn't give a flip about that market. They wouldn't have owned the rights to Monster Squad or any other movie they distributed, just temporary lisences that would have expired over a decade ago. With DVDs, the companies like Image have gone the way of the Dodo.

You're right, though I just e-mailed Image amd I would just like to hear some answer from them - whether it's positive nor negative.

And Vestron...I don't think they've been in business since the late '80s.
No wonder I couldn't find any contact info.

I am the Nightrider!
And Vestron...I don't think they've been in business since the late '80s.
Yeah Vestron went out of business in 1989 or 1990. Live Entertainment (which handled F.H.E, I.V.E, Carolco) took over their library. Live Entertainment became Artisan, and now Artisan seems to have merged with Lion's Gate.

UJ

did anyone ever wonder if the monster ever touched the kids while they were sleeping?