movies to seriously avoid seeing

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
here are a few of the worst films i have ever seen, they are films that i bought for full time price just judging from their decent-good rating they got on imdb.com, just a warning to anyone who would do the same thing as i did, instead of researching the movie properly...

true confessions - starring robert de niro and robert duvall. this movie was absolutely appalling!! i was so annoyed. im a huge fan of both these actors so i was expecting something at least decent.the plot was really boring, the religious dialogue throughout the whole film was life draining, there was barely any dialogue throughout it that made me think at all. what an utter waste of 2 hours

bob roberts - as a huge fan of tim robbins i was excited in seeing the only film he's written and directed himself. it was horrible. all the acting in it was borderline bad, even tim robbins was disappointing. it was filmed in the style of a documentary which was head doing and annoying. the plot itself and the politics were really really lame. the soundtrack made me want to die! tim robbins is a really bad singer, well with that kind of music anyway. another big utterly disappointed waste of film.

midnight in the garden of good and evil - the only kevin spacey film that i ever hated,and i mean HATED. i love kevin spaceys acting and i love clint eastwoods directing but the plot was so uninteresting,unintelligent,annoying and boring. john cusacks acting was borderline bad, kevin spacey tried his best to be good but the film itself made him seem really bad, it's so slow moving, and it doesnt keep you on the edge of your seat like good thrillers should, very bad dialogue. terrible.

flightplan - absolutely disgusting. saw it in the cinema. jodie fosters acting was the only thing that was vaguely good about it.the whole movie was so predictable it made me sick, and i didnt sympathize with one single character in it,peter saarsguard was horrible in it in my opinion. and the predictable happy ending just topped off a terrible film. sean bean deserved a better role in this film,i was disgusted

deathwatch - terrible horror film, stupid and predictable

Originally Posted by mrblonde
midnight in the garden of good and evil - the only kevin spacey film that i ever hated,and i mean HATED. i love kevin spaceys acting and i love clint eastwoods directing but the plot was so uninteresting,unintelligent,annoying and boring. john cusacks acting was borderline bad, kevin spacey tried his best to be good but the film itself made him seem really bad, it's so slow moving, and it doesnt keep you on the edge of your seat like good thrillers should, very bad dialogue. terrible.

I thoroughly disagree with you about Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil I think it is an amazing film with a full array of quirky interesting characters… Did you know it is based on a true story?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is the only one of those I've seen, and I thought it was really good. John Cusack is always very entertaining (my favourites being Grosse Pointe Blank and The Sure thing). I'd also be hard pressed to name a Kevin Spacey film that I've seen and not liked.

I'd say the two worst films I've ever seen were The Matrix: Revolutions and The Matrix: Reloaded. Scary Movie comes close.

Movie Forums Member
Flightplan was so awful, I can't believe anyone would release it!!

what about Napolean Dynamite - Its so dumb and people paid 26.50 to buy it!

Date Movie omg this movie is so stupid and I usually like these kind of films(scary movie,naked gun ect...)I didnt laugh once.

'Flightplan was so awful, I can't believe anyone would release it!!'

I agree i went into the film with no hopes atall but the first half hour i started thinking maybe this could be decent....but i mean the only thing it had going for it was that u had in the back of your mind maybe she is imagining it all...but then half way through u see the kid!!! i mean come on wat was all that about!!!

kung fu hustle dissapointed me other than some impressive special effects.

Lost in never never land
No hate for Ultraviolet? That movie looked like it could have had some potential from the trailer, but it dissappointed to no end. Even the action which it hinted at was terrible.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

MITGOGAE is certainly not a "bad" movie. Yes if you went in looking for "Dirty Harry" or something akin you would be disappointed.

Watch Escape from L.A. and even Gigli or maybe Master of Disguise. Oh wait try Santa with Muscles. Hmmm i think this is more of a "I am dissapointed" than a "bad movie" complaint.

Ohh i almost forgot....Hostile....only film i have fell asleep while watching (that i hadnt seen b4 and put on deliberately to make me sleepy) but this film nokked me out how did tarrentino associate his name with it atall??

Hulk

www.forumninja.com
I have some additions that I doubt anyone would disagree with:

- Manos: The Hands of Fate (even for a MST3K entry, it's too bad to watch)
- Night of the Lepus
- Battlefield Earth
- Hillbillies in the Haunted House (yes, it's REAL... beware!)

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Originally Posted by KnicksRIP
I have some additions that I doubt anyone would disagree with:

- Manos: The Hands of Fate (even for a MST3K entry, it's too bad to watch)
- Night of the Lepus
- Battlefield Earth
- Hillbillies in the Haunted House (yes, it's REAL... beware!)
God, I've actually seen two of those. Hillbillies is pretty stupid, yeah, but it's not painful to watch - it actually becomes unintentionally funny by being so unfunny. Um, yeah. I do agree with Manos though - perhaps the worst film I've ever seen; not even the MST3K commentary could make it watchable.

One movie to seriously avoid seeing is Witchboard. It is the worst movie that I have ever seen. Although From Dusk Til Dawn, is also up there.

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by reallygreatidea
Although From Dusk Til Dawn, is also up there.
Yeah, I could never get into that one either.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Charlies' Angels 2 was beyond bad. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by gohansrage
Charlies' Angels 2 was beyond bad. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.
Good call. I turned it off right about the part that Crispin Glover ripped out Drew Barrymore's hair and smelled it.

I was about 1.5 hours too late.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by mrblonde
bob roberts - as a huge fan of tim robbins i was excited in seeing the only film he's written and directed himself. it was horrible. all the acting in it was borderline bad, even tim robbins was disappointing. it was filmed in the style of a documentary which was head doing and annoying. the plot itself and the politics were really really lame. the soundtrack made me want to die! tim robbins is a really bad singer, well with that kind of music anyway. another big utterly disappointed waste of film.
I completely disagree with you. I thought Bob Roberts was a funny and insightful movie. The idea of a right wing conservative folk singer is a funny one, the fact that Tim Robbins refused to make the man a one dimensional cartoon character, even though he clearly disagrees with the politics, makes the film great.

A funny satire of the political climate back in the Reagan/Bush I era, and also Jack Black's first film role as an awkward teen-aged fan of Bob Roberts.

off the top of my head any movie released by Uwe Boll so far u might want to seriously avoid

and plz tell me you were joking about HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!