3 To Kill a Mockingbird
4 Witness For The Prosecution
5 Anatomy of a Murder
6 A Few Good Men
7 Music Box
8 12 Angry Men (TV) Remake
9 The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial (TV)
10 Reversal of Fortune

1. Anatomy of a Murder (1959 - Otto Preminger)
2. 12 Angry Men (1957 - Sidney Lumet)
2. The Devil & Daniel Webster a.k.a All that Money Can Buy (1941 - William Deiterle)
3. Inherit the Wind (1960 - Stanley Kramer)
5. Judgement ay Nuremberg (1961 - Stanley Kramer)
6. The Verdict (1982 - Sidney Lumet)
7. The Trial (1963 - Orson Welles)
8. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962 - Robert Mulligan)
9. Indictment: The McMartin Trial (made-for-TV, 1995 - Mick Jackson)
10. Witness for the Prosecution (1957 - Billy Wilder)

*special mention: Miracle on 34th Street (1947 - George Seaton)
*FUNNIEST: A Fish Called Wanda (1988 - Charles Chrichton & John Cleese)
*WORST: Body of Evidence (1993 - Uli Edel)

Lots of others, some that have a great court element but aren't devoted primarily to the trial.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I do adore them Matlock TV made movies

Dont worry Matlock we're behind ya;

The People vs Larry Flynt

and all the others mentioned...

the best is too kill a mocking bird

one of my favorite shows on tv is law and order those movies are retty good.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Now With Moveable Parts
A Few Good Men, is my favorite from this catagory.

Great Lists "L.B" and "Holden" as usual. Just about all mentioned are must see cinema. Intelligent, thought provoking and brilliantly told through the visual medium.
Love 12 Angry Men , Anatomy for A murder and Judgment at Nurembugh...cant claim a fave though

Just watched Norman Jewison's AND JUSTICE FOR ALL which I think definetly belongs on the list- One of Al Pacino's best performances

DonJuan de la Nooch
My Cousin Vinny and Devil's Advocate

Get off my island
Primal Fear

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

To Kill A Mockingbird
A Few Good Men
And Justice For All

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Devils Advocate
A Few Good Men
( a few choices...can't think of any others at this moment)

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Top three (no order):

Witness for the Prosecution
To Kill a Mockingbird
Anatomy of a Murder

A few Good Men was Awsome!!! Tom Cruise was so yummy when he was younger!!!

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

I HATE Lawyer movies, any movie that portrays a lawyer as a hero has lost all credibility for me right off the bat

I am having a nervous breakdance
The one that makes A Few Good Men good is Jack Nicholson. Maybe one of the best actors ever and he only gets better and better.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

To Kill a Mockingbird
12 Angry Men
Anatomy of a Murder
JFK
...And Justice for All
A Few Good Men
The Verdict

See the trailer here:

My faves:

5. Primal Fear
Actually, as a courtroom drama, Primal Fear is just a so-so movie. However, it gets pushed up a notch or two on the quality scale based almost exclusively on Edward Norton's stand-out debut performance. His switch on a dime acting, combined with his unfamiliarity with the viewing audience at the time is what, for me, primarily drove the twist ending of this film, & ultimately, help it to achieve it's intended purpose.

4. A Few Good Men
Yo, did anyone around here order a code red?
No, seriously.
I want the truth.

3. My Cousin Vinny
My favorite Joe Pesci movie, with a formula plot that works in the way that a good formula plot is supposed to work: a plotline with an unplausible situation, but the right combination of strikes at the chords of suspendibilty, along with a fair share of "smile-lined" humor.
Not to mention that Marissa Tomei steals a good part of the show & looks as hot as she ever has in any movie.

2. The Verdict
Paul Newman in an amazing court case drama written by David Mamet & superbly directed by Sidney Lemut. This triad of various veteran expertise & talent combine to produce a fight-the-system story of a man seeking justice against the advice of his closest colleague/partner, the mega-structure of the malpractice status quo, the will of a high priced large legal-firm, his own clients' wishes, and most of all, against his own inner demons.

1. 12 Angry Men
Okay, technically this isn't really a "courtroom" drama because the entire film happens in the jury-room. But let's face it, the plot's purpose is one that leads into that part which is most important of the courtroom process, the verdict.
Besides, 12 Angry Men is such a good movie, that, IMO, it simply blows the majority of every other film in this genre out of the water.

BTW, I still haven't seen To Kill A Mockingbird. If there is a thread around here about listing one's top must-see movie classics, for me, this would be the one.

Inherit the Wind has to be number one. Followed closely by To Kill A Mockingbird.

However, in terms of entertainment - Runaway Jury is my favorite. Gene Hackman is great in that movie. And then, as everyone else said, A Few Good Men.

http://blurbshare.com

My Cousin Vinny is a good one