Elizabethtown

Tools    

I love Crowe flicks and must say that this one looks good too. Pretty impressive cast also. Anyone else want to see it?

It was decent. Not Crowe's best work, but not his worst either. Kirsten Dunst kind of annoyed me though.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Serious? I thought the trailer looked awful (but you never know if you are getting the same trailers...). Orlando Bloom talks on the phone a lot to Kirsten Dunst...for a while, I really thought it was going to be one of those orange "Don't let a mobile phone ruin your movie" ads....

In the Beginning...
I could have been an extra.

It was filmed about an hour from Louisville, KY (my stomping grounds). Cameron Crowe and Orlando Bloom were here off-and-on for promotional stuff. Actually, a few weeks ago, Cameron Crowe was signing at a local media store, and a couple of my friends and I went down there to meet him. But some boob at the door wouldn't let us or anyone else in because "Mr. Crowe" needed to finish signing so he could leave. Bummer. We got to see the tour bus, though.

But yeah, pretty excited about this one, and not just because Elizabethtown my neck of the woods.

(Quick trivia: in Kentucky, we call it "E-Town")

I'm a huge Cameron Crowe fan and I dug this movie. I agree with Joshuafor though, it definitely wasn't Crowe's best work. I don't understand why basically all the critics besides Ebert and Roeper are trashing it though. I think it has to do with it beign a Crowe movie, and they expected more. I mean, the movie wasn't flawless, but i think it deserves better than it's gotten thusfar.

I saw it, and I do give it a thumbs up. However, I thought the last 10-15 minutes of it was a little out of place. I won't tell any more than that ... otherwise, I'd be giving it away.

As always, with Crowe, great soundtrack.

Part of Bloom's character kind of hit home with me, because I had a sudden death in the family, just like in the movie. Some of the themes I could relate to.

I've heard mixed reviews. My brother saw it and said it had all of the right ingredients to be a great movie, but somehow it just didn't come together. I'll still probably see it, I just love Crowe too much not to. And you're completely right about his use of music; he uses music to such amazing effects. Maybe not as good as my man Mitch here: www.ditty-o.com, but close enough

I think the movie could've been much better with a different cut. I hope Crowe does what he did with Almost Famous and releases an extended edition with a "director's cut" of some sort.

Well i have heard mixed reviews myself, but after reading some of theses posts i will check it out. But some people were saying it was so bad.

I may just wait for it to come out on DVD, the higher movie prices get, the less I can justify dropping 10+ bucks on a movie that's received mixed reviews.