Trippiest Script/Movie Ever

Tools    

thanx for all the movie ideas, i have seen 1blow, that would have been my next movie to add to my favourite drug movies. I've seen traffic too but didnt really like it. I kinda want to see More. How's The Wall? I think I might start watching some tarrentino movies, the only one of his movies ive seen is kill bill vol 1, and I've heard so many good things about Pulp Fiction.
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case ofbeer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

David Cronenberg is a master of the mind f**k. Just about any of his films will fit in your list.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
David Cronenberg is a master of the mind f**k. Just about any of his films will fit in your list.
Yeah, Videodrome and eXistenZ are two of the first movies I thought of when I read the topic. Man, I love Cronenberg.

Originally Posted by _fearandloathing_
thanx for all the movie ideas, i have seen 1blow, that would have been my next movie to add to my favourite drug movies. I've seen traffic too but didnt really like it. I kinda want to see More. How's The Wall? I think I might start watching some tarrentino movies, the only one of his movies ive seen is kill bill vol 1, and I've heard so many good things about Pulp Fiction.
The Wall's really cool, i'd definitely check it out if i were you.

Back during my acid and shrooming days, I used to invite people over to trip on...whatever...over at my place. I made a copy tape with three mind trip movies for us all to enjoy with the first movie being Heavy Metal. The Wall was second. And the third was Yellow Submarine, the trippiest of all trippy flicks ever made. If you don't believe me...just try peaking during the sea of holes sequence.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Loner
I thought this was interesting for about two minutes, but the rest of the film was just torture for me. I'm curious to what you thought about it Loner?

Movie Forums Member
Some great ones here, I can't believe I forgot about Pi and Begotten. Some of the earlier ones from the 20s and 30s I have yet to see. I'll check them out though. My question is I was reading about Pink Flamingos and just wondering if that is one that I should watch?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
I thought this was interesting for about two minutes, but the rest of the film was just torture for me. I'm curious to what you thought about it Loner?
As disturbing as this film was, it did seemed like it lasted way longer than 78 minutes.

Originally Posted by dolarhydecb
My question is I was reading about Pink Flamingos and just wondering if that is one that I should watch?
That all depends on how twisted you are dolarhydecb .

My question is I was reading about Pink Flamingos and just wondering if that is one that I should watch?
Have you ever watched a John Waters film before?

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by Garrett
Have you ever watched a John Waters film before?
No, I know who is though. What's his style like?

I've always loved watching movies that are just weird and out there, that take you a few times to understand or have some far out meaning. Also those movies that add that trippy affect in them with lighting and/or special affects. Some that come to mind are:

The Wall
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Muholland Drive
Naked Lunch
Natural Born Killers
Requiem for a Dream
A Clockwork Orange
Brazil
Koyaanisqatsi / Powaqqatsi
Chronos
Dune - Lyntch Version
Lost Highway
Killing Zoe
Pulp Fiction (Because of the cutbacks and shifts)
Dark City/Existenz/The Matrix
Donnie Darko
Blue Velvet
Altered States
12 Monkeys
Cube
Vanilla Sky
Jacob's Ladder
Memento/Irreversible
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

And the beginning of them all - - 2001 a Space Odyssey

**Note that these should not be movies about drugs or druggy movies but movies that have trippy cinematography, effects, colors etc.

Rock on
I dig your list. The ones I like most on your list are:

The Wall
Muholland Drive
Naked Lunch
Natural Born Killers
Killing Zoe
Pulp Fiction
Donnie Darko
Vanilla Sky

And for some reason I can't think of any on my own. My brain took the day off.

Wait. I just saw a movie called Suspect Zero the other night and it was just plain STRANGE.

Welcome to the human race...
One movie I believe deserves plenty of trippy WTFness (and hasn't already been mentioned)...

The Man Who Fell To Earth (dir. Nicolas Roeg, 1976)

That's one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. An honourable mention goes to Walkabout.

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by Iroquois
One movie I believe deserves plenty of trippy WTFness (and hasn't already been mentioned)...

The Man Who Fell To Earth (dir. Nicolas Roeg, 1976)

That's one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. An honourable mention goes to Walkabout.
This isn't anything like Velvet Goldmine is it, because that just didn't really go anywhere for me. Bowie is a little too weird sometimes.

Welcome to the human race...
Okay, first I had to find out what Velvet Goldmine was...

My guess is no, the two are not alike. In this movie, Bowie plays an alien who comes to Earth one day and becomes a billionaire by patenting several gadgets of his. He does it in order to bring water to his own drought-ridden world. He forgets this and lets himself fall victim to human vices. With no indication whatsoever the film switches time periods - I guess it takes place over the course of a decade or two. I'm not so sure.

Ergo, very trippy and unlike Velvet Goldmine.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Originally Posted by Lance McCool
Why are so many people in love with this mess of a motion picture? Natural Born Killers is just another example of Oliver Stone's massive ego at work. He tried to create a clever commentary on the state of today's media and its effect on society. But he used so much ****ed up cinematography and color gimmicks, that the end product is rendered virtually unwatchable (at least in my mind).

But somehow this jumbled & misguided piece of **** has found an undeserved and massive cult following. Why?
I disagree strongly
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Lance McCool
Why are so many people in love with this mess of a motion picture? Natural Born Killers is just another example of Oliver Stone's massive ego at work. He tried to create a clever commentary on the state of today's media and its effect on society. But he used so much ****ed up cinematography and color gimmicks, that the end product is rendered virtually unwatchable (at least in my mind).

But somehow this jumbled & misguided piece of **** has found an undeserved and massive cult following. Why?
Very much the same way I feel, the film was an utter disaster. I was totally turned off by the time the first line of dialogue was spoken, I hoped the whole film wasn't this way, but yes, the whole film was *****. Oliver Stone does not know how to make a good film without mixing it up with some sort of "message", and he fails miserably, every time. Although I must say this wasn't as much of a mess as Born on the Fourth of July. Just terrible.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Barbarella (1968, Roger Vadim)

Peace, love and see-through spacesuits... What more do you need?