The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

in spite of that acid induced dinosaur scene where current day Jupiter has time traveled to the past.

Wait.. there is a seen like this in the movie?
Maybe I missed something.

A system of cells interlinked
Remember everyone: If Citizen dislikes a film, it's a good one!

You ready? You look ready.
That's about the point in the movie where I said to myself, 'snake oil anyone.'
Rumor has it he was making another movie titled Dinosaurs; Ain't They Neat? but it lacked funding, so he shoehorned it in, whilst laughing maniacally.

Wait.. there is a seen like this in the movie?
Maybe I missed something.
Yes, and I will wager good money that you had lapsed into a coma by then.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I haven't seen Her but I'm very keen to.

@Sedai
Looks like I am the winner of the big dumb populist film fan award, eh?
Not necessarily. We'll see when I show my entire list. But I'll wait till everything's been revealed on the countdown.

List so far:
#2. Moonrise Kingdom #37
#4. Silver Linings Playbook #24
#5. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri #44
#6. True Grit #40
#7. Arrival #12
#9. Brooklyn No chance for it.
#10. Hell or High Water #73
#11. Zero Dark Thirty #58
#13. The Nice Guys DNP #103
#15. Edge of Tomorrow #68
#24. Gone Girl #65

I bet you haven't seen any of them!
Oh I've seen some I'm sure. I know we only have 8 left but I found this prediction for the Top 10 and this is what I've seen of those.

1. Mad Max: Fury Road...Seen the first 15 minutes
2. Parasite
3. Whiplash....Seen
4. The Tree of Life...Seen
5. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
6. The Social Network...Seen
7. Blade Runner 2049...Seen
8. Infinity War
9. La La Land...Seen
10. The Grand Budapest Hotel....Seen

Victim of The Night
I was joking, btw. She's a huge fan of the film. And Phoenix.
So was I, I've seen her avatar.

Victim of The Night
If I had to theorize on what the ideal forum demographic would be, it would be one that features the most diverse set of people, with diverse and wide-ranging taste, who all get along swimmingly for the most part. I think this place goes a long way to achieving that techno cinematic utopia, while of course having room to improve and grow.
I am sort of inclined to agree with you. But it is different for me.

Some of the discussion here, where people have talked about their own ballots and where their choices showed up (or didn't) on the eventual list, gave me a fun little idea. I just threw together a quick prototype and I think it's gonna work.

You'll see what it is when the countdown finishes.

It's not a huge thing, but I think people will like it, and I think it's something we'll use going forward in future countdowns (and can apply retroactively to the last few, as well).

The trick is not minding
Her was my #24.

In hindsight, I probably could have replaced it with Drive, or Bladerunner 2049, which I doubt needed my help, but then I also realize I forgot about The Assassin and that is perhaps my most egregious mistake.

Now that we're sort of on the subject, which film in this countdown has the best poster?
Here are my picks:

The Descendants
The Witch
The Cabin in the Woods
Uncut Gems
The Master

Here are my picks:

The Descendants
The Witch
The Cabin in the Woods
Uncut Gems
The Master
I like the posters for

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Easy A (mainly because it's got Emma Stone on the poster )
Nightcrawler
Under the Skin
True Grit & Sicario because of the artists' reproduction of the actors

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Some of the discussion here, where people have talked about their own ballots and where their choices showed up (or didn't) on the eventual list, gave me a fun little idea. I just threw together a quick prototype and I think it's gonna work.

You'll see what it is when the countdown finishes.

It's not a huge thing, but I think people will like it, and I think it's something we'll use going forward in future countdowns (and can apply retroactively to the last few, as well).
Hmmm very curious on this one.

Hell yeah!

Her was also on my list and i had it at #3.

Excellent, excellent film. I think I have a review for it on the site but I’m too tired to look it up right now.