James Gunn: has DC found its Feige?

Tools    

It's same as folks telling no one cares about avatar anymore and that make 2 billion and now everyone is like "I dont anyone who watched it". Sheeple.
"Sheeple," of course, refers to people who do or care about something just because others do, without thinking for themselves. Like, for example, somebody who tries to decide if something is good based on box office, AKA how many other people have seen it. Does this sound familiar?

You seriously could not have chosen a more contradictory and self-incriminating word if you'd tried.

Bottom line is James gunn doesn't know how to make a muscular film.
I'm guessing nobody does, because it's a term with no established meaning in this context that you seem to have made up and not explained. And most of the more obvious meanings (films with violence, bravado, etc) pretty neatly encompass all James Gunn films.

He is a weirdo and he will make movies for weirdos.
The Guardians of the Galaxy movies made $1.5 billion combined. Interesting that you just ignore those, when that kind of fact would be the entire basis for an "argument" in a dozen other threads.

I think I probably had it wrong: before I thought you were just someone who had trouble interacting with films on an artistic or emotional level, so you used proxies about movie stardom and box office to engage with them instead. But now that you're doing a blatant 180 on box office and trying to turn this stuff into a proxy for masculinity, I think it's actually that you have total gut-level reactions to these things, can't articulate why, and try to use things like box office to justify them retroactively.

I like that we are still getting Reeve's Batman in his own world.
Yeah, it's smart.

Gunn is pretty good at a few things, and those things have the effect of elevating lesser-known heroes or franchises. He can do weird stuff well. But I think, unless he has another layer to him we've never seen, he'd be the wrong guy to take on super-established characters. The only reason I think him doing a Superman film is interesting is because nothing there has worked particularly well for awhile, so there's less to lose.

"Sheeple," of course, refers to people who do or care about something just because others do, without thinking for themselves. Like, for example, somebody who tries to decide if something is good based on box office, AKA how many other people have seen it. Does this sound familiar?
what is this ? is this how you talk to all this website users ? sounds like you have some demons you need to take care of...like picking on people or showing who's the boss syndrome.

I don't have to try. It's been a decade and having Nolan's name on it doesn't put it above criticism (the same arguably goes for The Dark Knight, which I originally gave a
on release but knocked down to what feels like a very generous
when I last watched it in full in 2015). It doesn't matter whether or not something is "cool to hate" as long as the hater can back it up.
Thank you....this is all I need to hear. Anyone who gives the dark knight a 3 is not to be reasoned with.

what is this ? is this how you talk to all this website users ?
Nope. It's how I talk to users who try to stir up trouble, start arguments without seeing them through, and talk rudely to others.

Do you have a response to the contradiction I mentioned, or are you just gonna ask to see my manager?

sounds like you have some demons you need to take care of
Oh, definitely. I'm trying to exorcise bad arguments, but they continue to haunt me.

...like picking on people or showing who's the boss syndrome.
Didn't you say to me, just the other day, that it would be boring if people just agreed with each other? And yet noting a (very obvious and blatant) contradiction is "picking on" you? You can't be brash and confrontational and then play the victim when somebody pushes back a little.
(I predict this will not receive a response.)

Welcome to the human race...
Thank you....this is all I need to hear. Anyone who gives the dark knight a 3 is not to be reasoned with.
Sorry, I just don't think it's a very muscular film.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Yeah, it's smart.

Gunn is pretty good at a few things, and those things have the effect of elevating lesser-known heroes or franchises. He can do weird stuff well. But I think, unless he has another layer to him we've never seen, he'd be the wrong guy to take on super-established characters. The only reason I think him doing a Superman film is interesting is because nothing there has worked particularly well for awhile, so there's less to lose.
Yeah, it's smart.

His strong suit may be in instilling some warmth and charm in Superman which seems to have been missing. Especially when he contrasts with his fraternal twin, Bruce.