The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

@SpelingError, have you posted hints for #12 and #11? I see some guesses here, but I've been back and forth since the last reveal and I haven't seen one. I know you're talking about no more hints from #10 on down but...?
It's here bro..
Note: These will be the final two hints for this thread.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...oductions.html

14. The Florida Project (2017, Sean Baker) 238 points
I really love this film. It has the right mix of neo realism and other ingredients to make it a good watch. That purple colour palette, the casting of unknowns, and that ending.....so sweet. He's such a good film-maker Sean Baker from filming Tangerine on a shoestring budget using his phone to sneaking in to Disneyland shooting guerilla style in Florida Project. 'Red Rocket' is also very well shot and acted, but I haven't seen 'Take Out' yet which will be my next Sean Baker film.

13. The Master (2012, Paul Thomas Anderson) 239 points
I enjoy this film for it's performances and cinematography but it doesn't really move me, make me sit up and take not or effect me in any way. Lower tier PTA for me.

No votes.

I think Citizen is right on the money with 12 being Arrival, but it just hit me for #11...

11. Parasite?

A system of cells interlinked
I will take a swing and say #11 is Blade Runner 2049, with that little code perhaps being the DNA sequence Joe analyzes.

#12 is most certainly Arrival

12. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (doesn't really fit the clue but I'm struggling to quite see this as Top 10 material)
11. Hereditary

12. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (doesn't really fit the clue but I'm struggling to quite see this as Top 10 material)
11. Hereditary
Hereditary is well liked here at MoFo, but probably not enough to appear twice on the list. It is #96.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hereditary is well liked here at MoFo, but probably not enough to appear twice on the list. It is #96.
Awwwww nooooooo!!!! Next you'll be breaking me heart and saying the other one's not likely to be Mall Cop 2 either as that was already #22

It is at least still possible.
Phew, appreshiate the sliver of hope

My wife keeps asking me if Wind River has appeared yet. I am guessing it is #106 or so...
Has she tried Gas-X or Pepto-Bismol?

I would think Wind River was on a more than a couple lists, to be sure. But if voters had to choose between the Taylor Sheridan-penned Wind River, Hell or High Water, and Sicario I am not surprised that Wind River is the one that got left off of the collective. But it is a great flick.

My Wife adores that film, so we have seen it quite a few times. I prefer Hell or High Water (my adoration for Liz Olsen notwithstanding), but she prefers Wind River by a fair margin. That said, Sicario is one of her favorite flicks of all time.

As far as I'm concerned, Hell or High Water > Sicario >> Wind River

None of them are bad, but I just felt Wind River could've used a bit more work.

Oddly enough I rated Hell Or High Water, Sicario and Wind River all the same -
- so I'd have to side with Lady Seds on this one as Liz-O 100% breaks any tie for me

As far as I'm concerned, Hell or High Water > Sicario >> Wind River

None of them are bad, but I just felt Wind River could've used a bit more work.
I think it is pretty tight, so I would be curious to hear your thoughts on possible improvements. Maybe a bit too on the nose with its message in the final scene perhaps?

My ranking

Sicario
+
Hell or High Water

Wind River

Liz Olsen

Also .... officially changing my guess for #11 to Jurassic World