Christine McVie

Tools    

Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac has died at age 79.

Don’t have time to post a link.

She grew up in my hometown of Birmingham.

I saw this and the first person I thought of was @Miss Vicky. I'm guessing she's seen/heard the news by now? How are you, honey?

I saw this and the first person I thought of was @Miss Vicky. I'm guessing she's seen/heard the news by now? How are you, honey?
I actually started a thread about this too yesterday because I didn't notice this one.

I'm doing okay. It was a shock to me, but TBH I actually pretty much stopped being a fan of Fleetwood Mac in 2018 when they fired Lindsey Buckingham. I do like a lot of the old songs that Christine did with them but I pretty much never listen to the band anymore because Stevie Nicks's voice, even just in background vocals, makes me irrationally angry these days.

I do still listen to the album Christine recorded with Buckingham in 2017 and I'm really sad that I never got to see a show on their tour. I wanted to see them so bad, but the venues they played were all too far away. I also never got to see Christine with Fleetwood Mac. I saw them in concert three times on their Say You Will tour, but she was not part of that tour or album and by the time she toured with them again, my financial situation at the time didn't allow me to go. And then when she toured with them after Buckingham's firing, I certainly wasn't going to pay a dime to support that.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
RIP

Another favorite I can never see. Christine McVie was a great musician, but by all accounts, a wonderful person. I never heard a bad word about her in over 50 years in a tough business. I'm glad she made an album with Lindsey. I can't believe what Stevie did over a smirk, and the entire, "We don't make money on albums. The money is touring" despite Buckingham/Nicks not selling (half of it is great), he said they were a packaged deal when Fleetwood Mac only wanted Lindsey. And then his health issues - Christine still said very nice things without stepping on anyone's toes.