MovieGal's Top Female Vocalists (not in any order)

Tools    

Sorry for invading your thread. Though I heard it's not known if Prince is male or female. Seriously. That's why (s)he has become 1st 'the artist formaly known as prince' and then simply the sign.

I'm probably completely wrong, though.

I have decided to revive this thread. I have come across some great vocalists over the past few years.

Lousine Gevorkyan
(Louna)
I found this band randomly but no less, I really liked their sound. Especially Lousine's vocals. They fit right along with other female singers I have enjoyed in the past. She can sing in her native Russian and English. I really like the song "Mama". The lyrics describe the person explaining to her mother that she's into rock n roll and what it has to offer.

Lauren Strahm
(goes by stage name of Fleurie)

A singer that Last.fm suggested when I was listening to another female singer. I like her quietness and her soft vocals.

Helene Břksle

I found this artist from the soundtrack of the film "Birkebeinerne." In my opinion, she has one of the most beautiful voice in music. Most of her music is in Norweigan, her native language, which I don't understand, however, the music is still enjoyable.

Sigrid Hausen
(Qntal)

I actually found Qntal as Toby Froud, son of artists Brian and Wendy Froud (a conceptual artist who assisted Jim Henson with "Labyrinth" and "The Dark Crystal"), directed one of their videos. I have been a fan of this band for several years. I continue to search out new music of theirs. They are considered a Darkwave/Neofolk band.

Great thread and agree on many. I do love the ladies of music. Some of my faves that haven’t been mentioned yet.

Margo Timmons (Cowboy Junkies)
Beth Nielsen Chapman
Heather Nova
Tegen & Sara

Hoping to see some Liv Kristine in here!
Stu, I'm not familiar with her but I will definitely look her up!

Stu, I'm not familiar with her but I will definitely look her up!
She sang for Theater Of Tragedy & Leaves' Eyes:

She sang for Theater Of Tragedy & Leaves' Eyes:

I know of Leaves Eyes. I will look into their music more.

I came in here just to see if Ann / Nancy Wilson would show up. Nice to see Tarja Turenen up there, too.
You should definitely check out some of the others if your are not familiar with them.

You should definitely check out some of the others if your are not familiar with them.
I'm familiar with most of them. To be honest, seeing Chibi up there was a very pleasant surprise. I've heard thousands of albums, and it's rare that I find a song that really resonates with me anymore. Here's my most recent new jam.

I'm familiar with most of them. To be honest, seeing Chibi up there was a very pleasant surprise. I've heard thousands of albums, and it's rare that I find a song that really resonates with me anymore. Here's my most recent new jam.

I found The Birthday Massacre years and years ago. I have always enjoyed their music.

I listen to a lot of music with female vox. I'm familiar with most of the singers mentioned in the thread and like a good portion of them. I'll probably make more posts here, but for now, this will have to do as Anneke van Giersbergen must be mentioned.

Hildur Kristín Stefánsdótti
(Rökkurró)

Singer for the Icelandic band with a rare-sounding and soft voice. She sings in English and Icelandic. I found them as a suggested "band" of an Icelandic composer I enjoy.

Theresa Jeane
(The Nearly Dead)

I found this band randomly looking at a list of musicians at a festival that someone mentioned to me. I really like their sound and her voice.