Seats in Cinema

Tools    

I usually try to go to Cinemark Theatres... I do get a large frozen drink and the smallest bag of popcorn they have but I rarely have to get up in the middle of the film to use the restroom. The kids tend to share a drink and rarely do they go to the cafe in the theatre to get something like french fries..... I pay more for food at the theatre than the prices of the tickets. Cinemark is $4.25 before 6pm and $6.25 after 6pm. AMC is a lot higher.. $5 before noon $7.50 between noon and 4pm and $10.50 after 4pm.
There's an AMC near me with those same prices for first run movies. I love being the envy of film lovers in more expensive parts of the country! I try to only go to the $5 shows, but every once in a while it's alright to spend a whopping $7.50 per ticket.

The absolutely, stone cold cheapest ticket I can get is $10.22. That's on bargin Tuesday. Otherwise it's $14.90 before 5pm and $17.55 after. That doesn't include the extra $3.40 for 3D films or $1.70 glasses (if you forget to bring your own). You can add another 85c if you order the tickets remotely.

There's a reason they call it Ripoff Britain.

Food is now more expensive where I am.

Tickets used to be over £20 a pop... now they're £10.50p for one of those executive comfy seats... but the food has gone up.
Went to see Days Of Future Past... my mate bought the tickets in advance and I got the food on the day. Tickets were £21 for the two of us... food for two, which was... two drinks and 2 tubs of popcorn... £35...

Food is now more expensive where I am.

Tickets used to be over £20 a pop... now they're £10.50p for one of those executive comfy seats... but the food has gone up.
Went to see Days Of Future Past... my mate bought the tickets in advance and I got the food on the day. Tickets were £21 for the two of us... food for two, which was... two drinks and 2 tubs of popcorn... £35...
Just remember, you're helping keep that theater open when you buy that popcorn!

I try to buy food/drink when in the mood just to support the theater. I live in eternal fear of movie theaters all dying away one day...

We have a new cinema opening soon. Great big Cineworld IMAX... and it's being built at the end of my street amongst all the new improvements the council are doing to the area.

The current cinema which is owned by Odeon and run by an independent Manager won't stand a chance once Cineworld move into the area... and the Odeon staff will be out of work... there's no way Cineworld will take on the bunch of Derps that work there.

Where I am, my nearest Odeon cinema for a normal adult ticket is £6.80/$11.56 before 5pm(£5/$8.50 on Tuesdays). It goes up to £8.40/$14.29 for the after 5pm film showings.

There are also other ones like Cineworld, and they are cheaper than the Odeon cinema.

Regular seats are £10... used to be anything from £20 to £25 depending on the film...

They've dropped the prices now. £10 for regular, £10.50p for a comfy Superchair. The downside like I said, is that the food prices have gone through the roof. It's as-near-as-makes-no-difference, £9 for a tub of popcorn and £9 for a drink.

The cinema is a sh*thole as well. Can't wait for the new IMAX Cineworld to open in a couple months.

They charge near £15 for a hotdog... and almost the same for a tray of Nachos with grilled cheese on them... their reasoning is because that stuff is "cooked food" and apparently costs more to make.

This is exactly why I don't use the cinema often. Tickets were extortionate... now the food is instead and the tickets are still pretty steep.

My trips to that particular cinema in the last 20 years are:
Jurassic Park in 1993
Star Wars Ep I in 1999
LOTR Two Towers in 2002
TDKR in 2012
Man Of Steel in 2013
Days Of Future Past in a couple weeks ago

All my other trips to the movies have been to other cinemas.

I near had to pee in my cup when watching TDKR... about half way through the film I was busting for a piss cause I drank too much of my drink while the stupid amount of trailers were being shown.

I actually thought about using my super large coke cup but there were people in my row who would have seen my dinkle.
Now THAT is commitment!

I may come off as sounding like someone who is neurotic and somewhat OCD but I honestly don't think I am, I just think I like doing things in life the way I like to. And that does extend to the cinema. When I go to the cinema I will always aim to sit at the back in the middle row to on the aisle. I am unsure why I do, I think it's so I can avoid having to sit next to people and can make an easy exit.

Yeah, I sound a bit weird...

Does anyone else do something similar?
My vision is not what it used to be and I can't sit in the back of a movie theater. I have to be in the first ten rows of the theater.

i like sitting towards the middle. its fun to surround yourself with the movie crowd if they actually behave correctly in the theater. it can be a really fun environment if you sit with the right people, especially during funny movies.

I'd also like to mention that I'd need chocolate with coconut donuts, too, in my movie theater box of donuts.

The absolutely, stone cold cheapest ticket I can get is $10.22. That's on bargin Tuesday. Otherwise it's $14.90 before 5pm and $17.55 after. That doesn't include the extra $3.40 for 3D films or $1.70 glasses (if you forget to bring your own). You can add another 85c if you order the tickets remotely.

There's a reason they call it Ripoff Britain.
You think Britain is bad, I have a friend in Argentina. Their prices are ridiculous and the people there are so underpaid, you cant enjoy anything.

Now if you see a film in the XD theatre at Cinemark, its $9.25 before 4pm. Not sure what it is after that time. If you see a film in Real 3D, its higher as well.

I may come off as sounding like someone who is neurotic and somewhat OCD but I honestly don't think I am, I just think I like doing things in life the way I like to. And that does extend to the cinema. When I go to the cinema I will always aim to sit at the back in the middle row to on the aisle. I am unsure why I do, I think it's so I can avoid having to sit next to people and can make an easy exit.

Yeah, I sound a bit weird...

Does anyone else do something similar?
I used to not mind people sitting next to me if the theatre is packed but with my recent incident seeing "Godzilla", I no longer allow it.

At Cinemark, you can raise the arm of the chair so that it becomes like a "loveseat" style for couples.

When I went to see Godzilla, my daughter saved my chair for me when I went to use the restroom before the film. When I came back a couple were sitting right next to me. The woman kept bumping my arm thru the whole film, plus the b***ch had the nerve to "pop" her chewing gum and got an attitude when I asked her to "please stop". Well for now on, that open seat next to me... the arm of the chair will stay up past the movie previews. NO ONE will sit next to me and ruin my viewing experience. If someone ask me about the "open seat", I will say "Im sorry, Im waiting on a friend."

One time, I went to see the Jason Statham movie Safe and the most hillbilly, obnoxious family sat right behind us. This lady kept coughing and sneezing and I think at one point when she sneezed I could feel it splash on my neck. They kept kicking my chair making it impossible for me to concentrate and they WOULD NOT SHUT UP. There was a scene where 2 people got put in a trunk together and one of the family members said "hahaha don't fart!" and then every redneck behind us started cackling. I didn't want to say anything because I was scared they would get out a shotgun and kill me. That was probably my worst movie experience.
Fire walk with me.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Further you are, better you see