The Original Star Wars Trilogy in 4k

Tools    

I like the original Star Wars Trilogy. And I'm a stickler for high quality 4K movies. So was pretty amazed to find out that there's a project run by some fans to restore the original Star Wars Trilogy into 4k.

here:

http://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com/page/Project-4K77

I downloaded Episode IV - 'A New Hope' last night, and the quality is absolutely superb. What's great is that these are the original versions too, not the ones with added CGI.

There is a sample here:

Has anybody else seen it? Apologies if it has already been discussed.

I have not seen it. I loved the Despecialized versions of the films and those has been the only way I want to watch the original trilogy...

This sounds like a cool project and it's awesome hardcore fans out there wants to use their time doing that. I do hope though, that Disney will come to their senses and officially release a restored 4K version with HDR and everything from the original negatives with the theatrical cut.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I don’t reckon I have seen the originals. I do have on vhs the original special edition without Hayden Christensen as Anakin (lmao) though. Would be keen to check them out.

You know the version where there’s an aged random white man at the return of the Jedi - always brings a tear to my eye. Then they ruined it with Hayden.

Also I want to see jabba before he transitioned to a giant snail. I want to see him before the operation.

I downloaded Episode IV - 'A New Hope' last night, and the quality is absolutely superb. What's great is that these are the original versions too, not the ones with added CGI.
That's great to hear.