Batwoman series

Tools    

https://deadline.com/2018/08/ruby-ro...se-1202441696/

"In one of the biggest casting coups for the CW, Ruby Rose has been tapped to play Batwoman.

The character will make her first appearance as part of The CW’s annual DC Arrowverse crossover event in December. Rose also is set to play the role in the Batwoman series the CW has in development for next season. While the project is still in the script stage, with a star of Rose’s caliber attached and DC Universe architect Greg Berlanti behind it, it is likely to go to pilot and series. (I hear the CW is not planning to use the crossover as a backdoor pilot for Batwoman but instead film a full-length pilot as it did with flagship The Flash.)

One of the draws for Orange Is the New Black alumna Rose to return to the small screen likely was the opportunity to break new ground. If the project goes to series, Batwoman will become the first gay lead character — male or female — of a live-action superhero series. Batwoman already has been a trailblazer for LGBTQ+ representation in comics. After a long hiatus, she was reintroduced to the DC comic universe in 2006 when she was established as a Jewish lesbian, becoming the first-ever lesbian superhero title DC character.

In the CW’s Batwoman, written by Caroline Dries based on the DC characters, armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane (Rose) soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.

Batwoman comes from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television where the company is based. Dries executive produces alongside Berlanti Prods.’ Berlanti and Sarah Schechter as well as former DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns via his new Mad Ghost Productions banner."

Geez, poor girl can't get a break. Wait for it, she isn't gay enough for the role and has decided to leave her twitter account due to bullying/abuse... oh and not being a Jew is bad too, apparently...

What's worse, a lot of it has come from the gay community. That's quite sad.

Lesbian role, they get a lesbian in the role, they still moan...

And don't get me started on the people who say she isn't up for the job in the acting department, these series are not exactly known for their award winning acting from what I've watched...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Terrible actress from what I've seen so far. But I'm still willing to give her a chance.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm not a fan of the actress, and I'm not really a fan of the character, so I doubt I'll watch, but I'm sure it'll be high quality, being from the makers of The Flash and Arrow.

I wish they'd make a weekly Batman series, too, but I know WB wants to save him for movies (if they EVER get the new one off the ground...)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/