The Exorcist

→ in
Tools    

After hearing all the hype about this being the scariest movie of all time I thought about checking it out myself. After watching a hour and a half of gut wrentching, eye cringing, mouth dropping horror I have to say one thing; the movie lived up to its reputation. This was a very disgusting and disturbing film at this point in time so I can't imagine what it was like four people in '73! Jason Miller and William Friedkin were great as the two excorcists, and Ellen Burstyn portrayed exactly what she was supposed to: a protective parent who is concerned about her daughters health. Just one question who in the world would let there child play with a oujie board (excuse my spelling) , in front of there face too!! There was a scene in this film (if you've seen the movie then you know which one I'm about to describe) where the mother hears screaming in her daughters room and she runs into the room to see what is going on, to find her daughter stabbing herself with a crucifix she then proceeds to slap her mother and push her face in the girls crotch VERY GRAPHIC!! Overall this film has lived up too be one of the most disturbing and shocking films of all time.

Overall this film has lived up too be one of the most disturbing and shocking films of all time.
Maybe during the time it was released. But now, for me anyway, it's relatively tame for the most part compared to other films and I'm not disturbed by demonic possession because I don't believe in it. I respect the film but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would after hearing it's a classic horror and so on.

I prefer the third film actually.

I recommend the German film Requiem:

It's not a horror but it's a more realistic take on demonic possession in the direction of is it possession or is the woman suffering from mental illness. It's based on the real life person Anneliese Michel. A sad story.

The Exorcist is based on a true story too. The Exorcist is one of the best horror films of all time. Excellent film, brilliantly made, acted, written, etc.

Yep, I've watched this one when I was 18. Crept the jeepers out of me.

Just one question who in the world would let there child play with a oujie board (excuse my spelling)
I played with an Ouija board several times as a kid and I'm fine.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
they're just toys, and they really don't work. unless you have a little pansy for a kid, let them try it out if they want to.

unless you have a little pansy for a kid, let them try it out if they want to.
That wasn't very nice.