MoFo Fantasy Football 2009: Week 11

Tools    

Another crazy week. Steelers lose a heartbreaker and fall to 6-4. All four losses are by less than a score; 3, 3, 6, and 3. So it goes.

Games still up in the air heading into Monday Night Football:
Hired Goons vs. Wolverines
LT needs 5 points out of her kicker, Kris Brown.

11 Angry Men vs. Slug's Sweeties
This one's pretty crazy. I've got Andre Johnson, Steve Slaton, and a 33-point margin up against Matt Schaub, Chris Johnson, and kicker Rob Bironas. Even if Schaub and Johnson both put up around 25 each, I'll still only need a little over 25 or so out of my two guys combined, so I like my chances. But I'll be watching quite intently, though.
Amusingly (annoyingly?), I have Schaub in my other league and he needs about 29-30 tonight for me to win. I'll gladly take a loss there to secure a win here, though.

I had five running backs score at least 13 points this week, with Slaton yet to play. Yikes. Might have quite a few decisions to make next week with guys like Jason Snelling asserting themselves.

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Im not to sure about my kicker getting 5 pts tonight but, anything is possible right?

I wouldn't be sure, but you're in pretty good shape. Brown's scored at least 5 points in 6 of his 9 games so far, and the Titans' defense isn't terribly stout, either.

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Im not to positive on the subject but, you never know it could happen....and this is why I have a love hate with fantasy....dont we all though!

A system of cells interlinked
Man, Kris Brown missed two FGs last night, and overall just managed to get LT the 5 points she needed. The last few weeks have been tough on Brown, and his confidence is clearly shaken. He seemed dejected all night, especially after blowing yet another game for his team in the final seconds.

Meanwhile: I LOST ANOTHER ELITE PLAYER!

That makes three, and I am glad I have Driver to fill in, who has been a bit more consistent all year, if not as explosive (Johnson broke his career high in yardage Sunday). If the next game for the Lions was on Sunday, he might have had a chance to play, but they have to play Thursday (in one of the most unexciting Thanksgiving match-ups I can rememeber), so i have to sit him and play Driver.

Also - IT JUST DOESN"T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!

Yoda and I face off this week, during rivalry week, and it all culminates with the ridiculously huge Patriots/Saints match-up on Monday night. Meh - It's no big deal. I am sure Chris will be putting the finishing touches on his tessellated bathroom floor while I will be completing the final class of my 130 week kazoo course.

Certainly not one to block the end hole, I plan on acing my exam, and getting back to fantasy action next week, after these silly unimportant games this week.

YEAH RIGHT!

I can't wait for this week's game to begin!

He drove Steeler fans nuts in the couple years he was here, but he seems to have become far more reliable since then. Ya' gotta feel for him, if only because this last field goal was 49 yards and they had a chance to get things a bit closer for him. The other, at 42, was certainly makeable but neither of these were chip shots.

Anyway, it always bums me out to see kickers miss, assuming I don't have a stake in the game. Their relative importance still feels kinda weird in the context of the rest of the game, and they get way too much of the blame when these kinds of things happen.

The World's Smallest Violin
I'd love to see the end of the entire kicking game. No more FG's, Punts, or Kickoffs. Start at the 30 and go back and forth until someone scores. Rinse and Repeat.

@ Yoda

Agreed. After the Colts gaff and then this, I am hoping his team rallied after the game to try to keep his head up and restore some confidence through team faith. Brown is the last remaining original Texan from when the team was first created, I think.

@ Jay That would seem kind of weird, yes? It's always been such a big part of the game.

The World's Smallest Violin
Indeed it would, but I'm sure I could get used to it in a hurry. Especially since it might result in less commercials (a boy can dream, can't he?).

Ok, I am on board. I hadn't considered the commercial thing...but wait! How would I then scurry into my office to check fantasy stats? I have come to rely on commercials as my alarm to go check stats and banter in the chat!

I'd love to see the end of the entire kicking game. No more FG's, Punts, or Kickoffs. Start at the 30 and go back and forth until someone scores. Rinse and Repeat.
Yknow the kicker is probably second only to the quarterback for mental toughness. Especially for a game winning kick. The stress and tension so acute that everything accomplished by others could be made redundant. Id hate to be a kicker. Id really hate to be Scott Norwood, and I imagine hes the boogeyman story all kickers tell around the campfire.

Yeah, it really hurts to lose a game by less than 1 point.
You really got unlucky this week, yeah. If you'd gotten anything at all out of Lynch OR Williams, you'd have won. I feel for ya'.

Yknow the kicker is probably second only to the quarterback for mental toughness. Especially for a game winning kick. The stress and tension so acute that everything accomplished by others could be made redundant. Id hate to be a kicker. Id really hate to be Scott Norwood, and I imagine hes the boogeyman story all kickers tell around the campfire.
They probably don't let him join in any kicker games, either.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
In the words of one of my always-depressed friends, "I hate my life."

This season has not been good for me. It seems that I've got a bunch of weiners, when I was looking for winners. Is the season over yet!?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Cheer up Tater. Your luck was so bad this year it was near comical, but the bright side is youve got an incredible sized positive karma dam that is just ready to burst. Basically when your luck turns youll be a true fright. Just go autodraft next year, and I bet youll be pleased.

I am so prepared for next years draft I could spit for the wait. A year from now Ill probably pull my old parchments out, and redo everything anyway. Round one is going to be very interesting, and from what Ive heard around here Adrian Peterson still has the juice, but what of the other 14?

Round 1 of this years draft I see only 8 or 9 that will reappear. Turner, Ochocinco, Forte, Westbrook, and Ladainian wont.Maybe Deangelo will as Carolina is commited to their run, and their O line is $$$. Im sure Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, and Steven Jackson will rise to round one. The trick is when to draft who. QBs go Peyton, Brady, or Brees round one. Rodgers, and Schaub maybe. Running backs are gold, and not many folks can pull a Yoda and create a running game from nothing. Eveyone has their own style. I liked Dionnes plan of Peyton & Clark, but a money matchup isnt enough as a thin roster kills you in PPR. Anyway I thought I knew fantasy football till this year, and now Im really ready for next.

Round 1 of this years draft I see only 8 or 9 that will reappear. Turner, Ochocinco, Forte, Westbrook, and Ladainian wont.Maybe Deangelo will as Carolina is commited to their run, and their O line is $$$. Im sure Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, and Steven Jackson will rise to round one. The trick is when to draft who. QBs go Peyton, Brady, or Brees round one. Rodgers, and Schaub maybe. Running backs are gold, and not many folks can pull a Yoda and create a running game from nothing. Eveyone has their own style. I liked Dionnes plan of Peyton & Clark, but a money matchup isnt enough as a thin roster kills you in PPR. Anyway I thought I knew fantasy football till this year, and now Im really ready for next too.
Yeah I had Gonzales as part of that trio I wanted, I am pretty sure it would have helped me if he was healthy, but injuries are part of the game certainly. My running game pretty much did me in and I still blame myself for not being able to draft in person.