Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Some people never learn...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
What? I thought Movie Tab II was the exact same thing as Rate The Last Movie You Saw, but for weekly/monthly resumes.
It's a club.

Say no more.
It’s my new hangout place in this joint.
When any of my mates call me, I’ll say:
“Sorry mate, I’m at the club.”
“What club?”
“You wouldn’t understand.”

Edit: It’s free right?

#Horror (Tara Subkoff, 2015)

Full of dread ..... no wait, the other way round ..... dreadful

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Two Mules For Sister Sara - 5.5/10
I have been in a movie slump where no matter how hard I try, I just can't get in the mood to watch a movie (or anything else). I saw this 25 years ago, and the only part I remembered was Shirley MacLaine's butt being grabbed by the older whore. I know a movie is boring when I start re-checking things online. I hate "tasks" (dynamite, having to cross rivers, etc).

Spielberg; I never really liked him, but I thought most people did, so I didn't really said anything, like I don't say I hated Inception. I liked Empire of the Sun, more or less, because I view it as a critic to the American war crime (atomic bomb), which I know it probably wasn't, but I like to believe it was. I also think The Terminal is enjoyable, I mean, I like the music, I had it on my mobile phone ringtone for two years. There are also movies I don't really like and I'm afraid to say because people might think it's political. I hated, hated Munich. Schindler's List was not as great as people paint it, I liked Ralph Fiennes character and his performance overall, and the cinematography in the burials scene, that's about it. I'm not trying to say I have a refine taste, far from it, but I always thought Spielberg is overrated as f*ck.

God's Own Country (Francis Lee, 2017)

Down-to-earth LGBT drama that may or may not be for the sheepish

Unregistered User

Remember My Name (1978)

Nice revenge-psycho-drama starring Geraldine Chapman and Anto Perkins. Kind of on the same page as fatal attraction.

Welcome to the human race...
@mark f all one needs to do is leave you unguarded for a year, and you switch from Movie Tab II (the patrician zone) to Rate The Last Movie You Saw (the pleb zone). What's next, switching from art cinema to mindless Spielberg fun? Oh, wait...
Probably has something to do with the fact that the biggest (and almost certainly only) champion of Movie Tab II's "patrician" reputation decided to quit on it anyway only to come back and complain that nobody else ever held it to the same lofty reputation that he and only he ever did, much less the guy who was the best at unpretentiously posting in it.

The Shining -

still pretty good even without any CGI anime characters running around trying to solve riddles

I thought that film was fantastic. The ending got me.
It's certainly decent, I just thought it was all somewhat predictable and not always realistic. Fairly impressed with it being a feature-length debut from the director though so I'll be looking out for what they do next.

The Midnight Man (Travis Zariwny, 2016)

Really patchy second hand material

Jojo Rabbit (2019)

I was expecting Life is Beautiful I ended up getting Au revoir les enfants and I'm very happy about that. This is one of those films that walks that fine line of being a movie for all-ages but also a comedy. I didn't see the third act twist coming and the way they handled it I was impressed. You've got this great balance between these unknown child actors and known character actors and they all do a great job.

Jojo Rabbit (2019)

I was expecting Life is Beautiful I ended up getting Au revoir les enfants and I'm very happy about that. This is one of those films that walks that fine line of being a movie for all-ages but also a comedy. I didn't see the third act twist coming and the way they handled it I was impressed. You've got this great balance between these unknown child actors and known character actors and they all do a great job.
Would you say you liked it more than Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?