Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Lol 12,000 ratings when only a few hundred critics have seen it. Maybe the studio propaganda wing are in full flow panicking about the scores.

36% on RT
47 Metacritic (no one giving it higher than7/10)
6.8 on IGN (they hand out 8s and 9s for crap).

Looks like a great big turd.
This great big turd will still be a box office smash. You slating a movie before you have even seen it?. This is what i wrote earlier about people hating on this movie and wanting it to fail. Lets wait till its release and see what the users rate it on RT.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
IGN said Pokemon game was bad because "too much water" so yea... And they are known to take money for reviews (CoD games getting 9s etc.)

Nobody is taking them seriously at this point, pay to play. I'll go to see it in next few days.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Ok yeah keep hanging on to hope that this will be A) good B)"box office smash".

There is literally zero buzz anywhere for this film.

This great big turd will still be a box office smash. You slating a movie before you have even seen it?. This is what i wrote earlier about people hating on this movie and wanting it to fail. Lets wait till its release and see what the users rate it on RT.
In a way I suppose I do want it to fail, but that isn't gonna stop it failing all by itself. Superman was movie magic for me growing up and Superman 1 and 2 are great, full of epic moments with Williams epic score in the backround.

Then Man of Steel comes along and has literally no great moments or redeeming qualities that would make me EVER want to watch it again.

Similar with Batman following the greatest comic book trilogy we ve ever had, we have a new Batman (who is actually supposed to be the best thing in the film).

So the movie is Batman vs Superman, but it ain't a Batman or a Superman that anyone likes.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Didn't RT give Deadpool around 6.3? And didn't people (including me) love that movie? Do we even need to say how different verdicts of audience and critics are? And what do you mean "but it ain't a Batman or a Superman that anyone likes"? If anything people are enjoying Batman, The Batman. Just to remind everyone, MoS has split up audiences, including people here.

Well anyone who likes MOS is a full blown retard. As for Batman what I meant is no one has a connection to this one, its just another version following the greatest Batman we've ever had.

So I saw the movie last night :/

review

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Well anyone who likes MOS is a full blown retard. As for Batman what I meant is no one has a connection to this one, its just another version following the greatest Batman we've ever had.
The greatest Batman we ever had was Michael Keaton in Batman Returns. Plus didn't RT rate mega shark vs f*** knows 60% hahaha.

Well big turds like transformers 2_4 still had bay cashing big checks at the bank. That tells you have very little effect critics have on box office really. Rotten tomatoes also gave 99 % too zootopia. Which was cut we but not that cute.

A system of cells interlinked
RT doesn't rate anything on its own, per se. It's a review aggregation site that collates all the reviews from other newspapers/websites and gives us a percentile of good vs bad reviews. It also has a user ratings feature that aggregates the ratings of its user-base. It's quite obvious when one takes even 10 seconds to read where each review comes from. I am surprised so many people here have missed it. That said, I find RT to be a fairly decent jumping off point to gauge the quality of a film, but is by no means the be-all, end-all measuring stick for whether or not a film is worth seeing or not. I have liked plenty of films that clock in around 55% fresh, and disliked several that approach 90%. There is no accounting for taste, it seems.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Well big turds like transformers 2_4 still had bay cashing big checks at the bank. That tells you have very little effect critics have on box office really. Rotten tomatoes also gave 99 % too zootopia. Which was cut we but not that cute.
Perfect example. Transformers movies make a sh** ton of money and there awful.

I'm a bit late to this but...

As for Mad Max, I don't consider it to be an exceptional action movie, far from it. Allow me an attempt at a brief explanation:

a) The action is far-less spectacular than generally claimed, especially in this day and age.
What are you expecting out of an action movie then?

Originally Posted by PPZVEGOS
b) The film is quite monotonous in all its aspects. It's just a two-hour car chase.
Basically just. Locke is literally just Tom Hardy in a car for the entirety of the movie and I enjoyed it.

c) Mad Max is a secondary character or worse.
*shrugs* Yeah.

d) The feminist spin is so explicitly in your face that the film descends into outright propaganda territory.
Pfft. Naw. Watch War Room and then we'll talk about propaganda.

It also renders the villains into ludicrous caricatures.
If Joe's a caricature, he's a very bad caricature.

e) Where was the tension?
Tom Hardy strapped to the hood of a death machine.

The build-up?
This guy.

The twist?
WARNING: "Mad Max: Fury Road" spoilers below
There is no green place.

Or the climax?
Didn't you?

Aliens, Die Hard, T2: Judgement Day, Speed, The Matrix. Those are epic action movies, not Mad Max,
Darn. I thought you might have seen something I haven't.

Does anyone know how much the actual costumes cost?
I know that Channing Tatum took home his Deadpool one and that was pretty cool!

RT doesn't rate anything on its own, per se. It's a review aggregation site that collates all the reviews from other newspapers/websites and gives us a percentile of good vs bad reviews. It also has a user ratings feature that aggregates the ratings of its user-base. It's quite obvious when one takes even 10 seconds to read where each review comes from. I am surprised so many people here have missed it. That said, I find RT to be a fairly decent jumping off point to gauge the quality of a film, but is by no means the be-all, end-all measuring stick for whether or not a film is worth seeing or not. I have liked plenty of films that clock in around 55% fresh, and disliked several that approach 90%. There is no accounting for taste, it seems.
Well said.

I think the flaw in RT scoring is the fact that sometimes there is a film everyone likes but they don't think its anything special, therefore it ends up with a 90% + score whereas if those critics rated the film they would be giving it 7/10. There have been films I liked which have scored 30% and films getting 90%+ that I've strongly disliked.

There are a few things that seem to keep popping up in the reviews ive read so far, which are.

Batman/Ben Affleck is great. Everything we have ever wanted from Batman he delivers.

Its not as good as TDK. Which i think was always going to hurt this movie with it being made so soon after Nolan's triolgy.

The movie is very messy. Which was a huge issue with Age Of Ultron yet that got very good reviews (when it kind of sucked).

I think the problem with this movie is that it had haters before it was even released. I think people are nit picking because they want to hate it. There are Marvel die hards who want this movie to fail bad. Ime still going with around 1.1-1.3 billion box office.
Yes, the critics seem to be converging on:

a) Bat-fleck is awesome.

b) Eisenberg as Lex doesn't cut it.

c) The structure of the film is convoluted.

d) Wonder Woman reactions are split. I always thought that Olga Kurylenko should have gotten the part.

e) Spectacular and operatic action sequences but not a well-developed story and characters.

I am guessing that the naysayers were right on Snyder, WB should have gone for a different director maybe. But yes, I definitely agree with you that there was massive pre-baked hate against this movie even before it came out, and it seems that it's not receiving the leniency that Age of Ultron enjoyed. I am still excited to see this movie and only then will I make a definitive statement about it.

Sounds a bit like 300, some of the best battle scenes in film imo, but an incoherent mess of a film.

Sounds a bit like 300, some of the best battle scenes in film imo, but an incoherent mess of a film.
I personally love "300"! I think that Snyder benefited from the straightforward heroic premise of that story and hence why it worked so spectacularly. But in the case of BvS, lots of characters and story has to be developed and strung together, and this is something that Snyder really can't deliver. I really thought that WB would provide Snyder with a competent consultancy team on how to go about doing that. But it seems that I am overestimating the sophistication of Hollywood studios.

There was nothing Wrong With Man Of Steel other then Sean Bean or Gary Oldman Should Have Been Zod Since they would have been the perfect homage too Stamps Zod. Man Of Steel is an amazing feast for the eyes which is Snyder big talent. He can please the eyes and give a movie better Then Bay but he has a boring effect in his movies that effect the rewatch ability that a Marvel Film has going. DC will make successful good movies i am sure but if you want to make Marvel piss its self they gotta lighten up a bit. But DC character wise they cannot do that until The Flash who is the only comic releaf character.

Well said.

I think the flaw in RT scoring is the fact that sometimes there is a film everyone likes but they don't think its anything special, therefore it ends up with a 90% + score whereas if those critics rated the film they would be giving it 7/10. There have been films I liked which have scored 30% and films getting 90%+ that I've strongly disliked.
They do actually have a aggregate score (under the percent score) that gives you a more specific idea of how much critic's actually liked it. Right now Batman V Superman has a 5.4/10.