The Twin Peaks Thread

Tools    

Once the reveal of who the killer was happened, the show kinda couldn't handle itself and I lost interest.
Exactly what I feel too..
I also don't get the point of the road trip of Laura's boyfriend.. WTF was that?

Whilst the show certainly changes style in the second season, I still absolutely loved it, I loved the film as well though and I know many people hate that for its bizarre Lynch style.
That's how I felt. Knowing the killer gets revealed halfway through the series, I was expecting to lose interest afterwards but I was still hooked - I guess I just didn't want to leave Twin Peaks The characters are all so interesting, I could watch them keep secrets and scheme forever. Plus, I was awaiting for the inevitable payoff of the last episode, which certainly delivered. Probably the strangest thing ever broadcast on network television.

That's because you don't know anime.
Given some of the anime and manga titles I have peeked at over the years... you are right. Anime has some VERY weird stuff. From action heroes who fight with nose hairs, FLCL, to one manga I saw years ago, (I forget the name and a few details) but it dealt with something along the lines of a teenage boy who had some kind of demon or something living in his testicles, and would come to rule the world, but only if the kids masturbated... this has so many things wrong with it and sounds like a concept written by Pat Robertson.

However in regards to American television, if you want anime here in the USA you have to get a cable package beyond the standard TV networks of NBC, ABC, etc. So on a technicality, Lynch still reigns as the weirdest on network TV here in the States.

I cannot comment on Japanese TV since I was a newborn when I lived there and cannot remember a bloody thing.

True. Twin Peaks might be the weirdest English language TV series, so.

I haven't watched it so I can't comment of how weird it is but is is probably less weird than Eraserhead.

This anime series is the equivalent to Eraserhead in terms of weirdness (and also, it appears very Lynch-esque in a sense, but a bit weirder) and it was broadcast on TV, it is my pick of the weirdest thing I ever watched on TV and among the top 5-6 weirdest things I ever watched:

I haven't watched it so I can't comment of how weird it is but is is probably less weird than Eraserhead.

This anime series is the equivalent to Eraserhead in terms of weirdness (and also, it appears very Lynch-esque in a sense, but a bit weirder) and it was broadcast on TV, it is my pick of the weirdest thing I ever watched on TV and among the top 5-6 weirdest things I ever watched:

Oh Twin Peaks is less weird then Eraserhead. It is more in the vain of Blue Velvet. Weird with a few surreal moments, but not balls tripping surreal like Eraserhead.

Have not seen this series, nor have a even heard of it. Safe to say it has not made it to the usual cable package here in the states. Then again I don't have cable.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It's good Twin Peaks ended. Longer series have tendency to go only downwards after certain amount of episodes/seasons.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Made this out of boredom, I know it's not that good but I can't be bothered to 'get' Sony Vegas or whatever on this computer yet, anyway...

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
It's good Twin Peaks ended. Longer series have tendency to go only downwards after certain amount of episodes/seasons.
Twin Peaks was already on a decline since ABC had made them reveal the killer prematurely. The writers lost a considerable amount of steam due to that, and I think the second season was a bit lacking compared to the first because of that. But for that reason, it's a really good thing it ended after season two, besides Fire Walk With Me, which is more interesting than a lot of people give it credit

A system of cells interlinked
Season one is the quintessential Twin Peaks experience, but i like Season 2 just fine, as well. Fire Walk With Me is a bit underrated, as well; some great stuff in that film.

A system of cells interlinked

Ha, nice. As I read the comment you replied to here, I said to myself, "Oh man, they need to see Lain."

And here you are with Lain!

Lain is one of my favorite Anime titles of all time - brilliant artwork, great sound design, and yes, a totally Lynchian feel.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Twin Peaks is great! The 2nd season did have alot of faults though but they can easily be overlooked. I wish Lynch made a sequel to Fire Walk with Me. That's an underrated movie.

Twin Peaks is great! The 2nd season did have alot of faults though but they can easily be overlooked. I wish Lynch made a sequel to Fire Walk with Me. That's an underrated movie.
Yeh I love the film.

Anyway, I'm about two thirds through my Twin Peaks re watch.

Watched three episodes after the murder revelation, and the last two have been below the standard of what was before them. But it's still decent stuff, they're beginning to introduce the White/Black lodge (Briggs just disappeared) and Windom Earl, I love the Black Lodge storyline and like the Windom Earl one but then the other story lines such as Nadine and Mike and James the that woman are pretty strange/pointless stuff.

Yeah there was definitely some filler in the 2nd season especially that orphan kid storyline. But it's understandable because the show was trying to find it's footing after the murder was solved. I wish there was at least a couple more episodes to the series though. That final scene with the possessed Agent Cooper was such a cliffhanger. As was the explosion in the bank.

Yeah there was definitely some filler in the 2nd season especially that orphan kid storyline. But it's understandable because the show was trying to find it's footing after the murder was solved. I wish there was at least a couple more episodes to the series though. That final scene ...
You should use spoiler tags man [s poilers=Twin Peaks]spoiler[/s poiler] without spaces in spoiler brackets

I like the Cooper ending, it makes a lot of sense and I definitely saw it coming.

WARNING: "Twin Peaks" spoilers below
That is Cooper's evil doppelganger, and the real Cooper is in the lodge for 25 years. The dreams he has are not dreams but visions of himself, as the lodge is not connected in time with the real world.

Does anybody think Lynch making Blue Velvet gave him the idea to make Twin Peaks. Blue Velvet reminds me alot of Twin Peaks. Lynch is a crazy genius.

Does anybody think Lynch making Blue Velvet gave him the idea to make Twin Peaks. Blue Velvet reminds me alot of Twin Peaks. Lynch is a crazy genius.
I wouldn't put it exactly like that, but yeh, both are a result of David Lynch's recurring theme of evil hidden beneath pleasant worlds. Blue Velvet was his first exploration in to this idea, and its presented in quite a simplistic but highly effective way, whilst Twin Peaks deals with it on a greater scale with a series of sub plots with each character seemingly hiding something.

My last viewing of Blue Velvet though revealed a few direct references that I didn't notice the first few times I watched it though. Both are logging towns with a few shots of log trucks travelling past, there are similar diners, and some other little things. I also noticed when I watched Eraserhead that the carpet in the main character's room is the same as that in the red room of Twin Peaks