The Best Movie You Haven't Seen

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
You should definitely see Star Wars.

Because i'm lazy, is that Tarkovsky or Soderbergh? But good shout, thanks. Like this thread.

You definitely need Lawrence of Arabia ticked off
Both, but I prefer Soderbergh's. I have a feeling many people feel guilty about saying they prefer a modern take as opposed to one made by a classical director. Even Tarkovsky didn't like it. It's good, just nowhere near as warm, unpretentious and fluid as Soderbergh's.

As for the novel, it's not very good. It's all science and no humanity; it's dull and sterile. Ironically, that's why Stanislaw Lem criticized both works.

hmm I have an embarrassing number in this category...been catching up lately, watched Taxi Driver, One Who Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and about to see The Good The Bad and The Ugly....but if I had to pick the best one I haven't seen it would probably be The Godfather II (I know its a sin) I have seen the first one just haven't gotten to the second one.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Taxi Driver, One Who Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and about to see The Good The Bad and The Ugly The Godfather II
Those aren't essential movies in my opinion. I would say movies like Make Way for Tomorrow, The Battle of Algiers, Five Easy Pieces, A Woman Under The Influence and The Long Goodbye are far more impactful and important to anyone who cares about cinema.

From your horror list? You've got some cracking films still to see. If you want a really hard watch, I'd recommend Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer next. However, as the two films are so closely linked in my mind (as the first time I watched them it was as a double bill) I'd opt for The Hitcher. Make sure it's the original, as that's the one listed.

If you've and Android device, I suggest you to install "Muze".
It helps you to choose which movie to see based on your preferences. The only films Muze will show you are the ones you will like for sure.
Thanks to the votes you gave to the movies you have seen in the past, this app will be able to create a virtual avatar that shares your preferences. And... his name is 'Muze'.
Try it. It's free...

Bye