Official Alfred Hitchcock Thread

Tools    

He reminds me of Stanley Kubrick
WHO'S BETTER ?
hahaha

Respect to mr. Hitchcock from Latvia. Movies like Psycho and Vertigo can i always make my day.

Thoughts on Hitchcock's Spellbound (1945)? Just saw it today and like any other Hitch film, it's instantly absorbing. I loved it. Interested to hear what you guys have to say about it. It often goes under the radar over his various masterpieces but I think it deserves more appreciation.

My favourite Hitchcock film is The Birds which I've enjoyed since childhood and while objectively it's not his best story, the bird attacks are pure thrilling entertainment, I think the slow buildup of the action to present the characters also works out really well.

In terms of story, direction and characters, Lifeboat might be my favourite, it's incredible what he could do with only one scenario and a handful of actors. Tallulah Bankhead obviously had the showier role and made marvels with it, but the rest of the cast was very consistent too. It also presented a very interesting conflict, considering WWII had not yet reached its end.

Respect to mr. Hitchcock from Latvia.

$10/month is reasonable. Does one have to have a cable subscription package to access it? Presumably it can be subscribed to via Roku or other. And can films be selected for streaming, or do they simply offer continuous programming similar to TCM?

Thanks,
~Doc

The Lady Vanishes, Jamaica Inn, Dial M for Murder, Notorious and Sabatoge are on Tubi. Saw Jamaica Inn last night. It was OK.

$10/month is reasonable. Does one have to have a cable subscription package to access it? Presumably it can be subscribed to via Roku or other. And can films be selected for streaming, or do they simply offer continuous programming similar to TCM?

Thanks,
~Doc
Selected/click for streaming at any time you want, not sure but I don't think you'll need a cable subscription for it.
~Conner

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Two of his most underrated movies I have seen are Lifeboat and Frenzy. I might put these both in his top 3 next to Vertigo, but people do not hold these ones as high.

Two of his most underrated movies I have seen are Lifeboat and Frenzy. I might put these both in his top 3 next to Vertigo, but people do not hold these ones as high.

I would never think to rank either of them as Top 3, but both would definitely be in a top 10 for me

I agree. Lifeboat and Frenzy would definitely be in Hitchcock's top 40 or so..

Without tallying them, the two would not likely be higher than the low 20s to my taste. Lifeboat did have an ingenious method of having Hitchcock appear..