Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Gunfighter (1950) - 8/10

Worth watching if you want to expand your Gregory Peck library.

The 6th Day (2000)

I'd go half a popcorn lower, but yeah. Interesting premise wasted on a run-of-the-mill Schwarzenegger actioner.

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm -

hypernormalisation
I thought the trailer looked dreadful and was worried about how the film could possibly be anywhere near as funny without the unknown documentary setup that made the first so successful in exposing horrendous opinions/actions from real people. A bit more confident now that it will at least be decent, as people and critics seem to like it. Reading about the Rudy Giuliani stuff it at least seems he was able to pull off some similar "tricks" as the first. I was initially thinking when I saw the trailer that I wish he would have just done another season of Who Is America?.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm -

I was intrigued at how Cohen would pull this off after the first film being a big hit. I guess Who is America was his trial run???? The inclusion of his daughter brought new laughs and I was impressed with how she kept composure during some scenes. The film takes aim at how women are treated, how people ignore the virus, republicans, pedos, etc. While the film does not have any real laugh out loud moments like the first (naked hotel chase) it does have a few shockers (father/daughter dance/ Giuliani).

A passable sequel that felt more focused on story than real life encounters.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
I thought the trailer looked dreadful and was worried about how the film could possibly be anywhere near as funny without the unknown documentary setup that made the first so successful in exposing horrendous opinions/actions from real people. A bit more confident now that it will at least be decent, as people and critics seem to like it. Reading about the Rudy Giuliani stuff it at least seems he was able to pull off some similar "tricks" as the first. I was initially thinking when I saw the trailer that I wish he would have just done another season of Who Is America?.
They address early on how he's so recognisable that he has to adopt disguises to make the film (though he still reverts to his regular appearance often enough), but I think it's more a matter of how the kind of content that seemed so shocking and horrendous in 2006 now seems all too familiar in 2020 so it's more a matter of an audience potentially having grown numb to how awful Americans can be in the past decade or so (like I said, hypernormalisation). Less a sense of "what the hell am I watching" than "yeah, this tracks".

The Hills Have Eyes -

idk man I've watched all the classic Craven films and thought they were all fine but not great so I'm fully expecting to watch something like Silver Bullet and be shocked to discover that I think it's a masterpiece

Venice, the Moon and You (Italian: Venezia, la luna e tu) 1958

The Traffic Policeman (Italian: Il vigile) 1960

A well deserved 7/10 vote
Alberto Sordi's acting is superb
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Re-visit after many years. Still holds up. Cusack was darn cute back in the day.

The Dead Don't Die (2019)

May be suffering from Zombie overkill, couldn't get into this at all.

Unregistered User

Queen & Slim (2019)

I found this genuinely moving (in most parts - didn't like the kid and the dad bit) and a really wonderfully shot film. Turner-Smith was the highlight, what a performance. Again, another road trip movie that I loved.

The Business (Nick Love, 2005)
+
How on Earth has Danny Dyer never won an Oscar?

[i] ... so I'm fully expecting to watch something like Silver Bullet and be shocked to discover that I think it's a masterpiece
It's not bad. Corey Haim does a good job and Busey doesn't chew much scenery.

Ah, one of my fav westerns and it made our Movie Forums: Top 100 Westerns list coming in at #40 It should've been higher!

The Dead Don't Die (2019)

May be suffering from Zombie overkill, couldn't get into this at all.

I actually think it's a movie made precisely for those of us suffering from zombie overkill. It's almost like our revenge zombie-movie antidote. One of the highlights of watching it in a theater was the rather volatile reception it got from those who seemed to be Walking Dead fans. Then in the parking lot, they got into their big new trucks.

I don't know if you've ever watched Yellow Sky but it's a decent Peck Western.