HitchFan97's Top 50: 2012 Update

→ in
Tools    

Thought I'd do some stats:

-With 6 films on the list, Martin Scorsese was the most represented director.
-Alfred Hitchcock, with 5 films (including #1) came in second.
-Francis Ford Coppola had 4 films.
-Stanley Kubrick and James Cameron had 3.
-Quentin Tarantino, Ridley Scott, Christopher Nolan, Roman Polanski, Wes Craven, and David Fincher all had 2 films each.
-With a major role in 6 films on the list (3 of which cracked the Top 10), Robert De Niro was the most highly represented performer.
-Decade breakdown: the 40s had 2 films, the 50s had 2, the 60s had 4, the 70s had 12, the 80s had 11, the 90s had 10, and 11 films from the 21st century were included. "The Toy Story Trilogy" counted as two films for the 90s and one for the 21st Century.
-Many films (especially towards the bottom) dropped quite a few spaces, but "The Godfather Part III", down 21 places from its previous ranking, was the biggest dropper.
-Very few films increased ranking, but "Star Wars", up 15 spaces, was the highest riser.
-There were 18 new entries on the list, the highest of which was "Taxi Driver" at #5. With the exception of "The Toy Story Trilogy" (counted as one new entry), I saw all of those films for the first time after making my old list.

Believe it or not, the only films of his that I've seen are Jaws, E.T. (which got a spot on the old list), and Schindler's List. Blasphemy, I know, but I still haven't seen Raiders, Close Encounters, or Saving Private Ryan

You've already seen his best stuff, but I think that Catch Me If You Can is worth your time. I'd also recommend Duel and Always before you get to the three listed that you hadn't seen. But I can almost guarentee you I'll be in a minority of one with that opinion.

Enjoyed your list. Know I'm a year behind but I think Munich is a very underrated Spielberg film. You gave me some classics to catch up on. Most importantly I need to see Vertigo.