Hacking a plane

Tools    

Hey, Im looking for a movie from the 90's I think. It's about a commercial plane and how some guy hacked it and could control it from his home. That guy had half of his face burned. At the end when police came for him, he had booby traps all over his property. It looked like he lived in some kind of warehouse and not a house

Hey, nope not Hackers. The movie Im talking about revolves around a plane, that's pretty much all

If you change the plane to a bus, change the injury from a burned face to a crippled hand, and the bad guy does live in a booby-trapped house, then you have Speed from 1994.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer

That was oil tankers they were threatening to capsize, and The Plague didn't have any facial scarring.

Great movie, though.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

ChatGPT says "Executive Decision"

The movie you're thinking of is "Executive Decision" from 1996, which stars Kurt Russell, Steven Seagal, and Halle Berry. However, the plot you described is not entirely accurate.

In the movie, a hijacked 747 commercial plane is heading towards Washington, D.C., and a team of U.S. commandos board a small plane that is then docked with the 747 in mid-air to try to take it back. While on the ground, a computer hacker named Nagi Hassan (played by David Suchet) is helping the hijackers.

David Suchet's character does have a burn mark on half of his face, but he doesn't control the plane remotely from his home. Also, the end of the movie does not involve a standoff at his warehouse.

It's possible that you may be combining elements of "Executive Decision" with another movie, or it's possible that my understanding of what you're looking for is not accurate. If you have any other details or memories, please let me know and I'll do my best to help you.

Hey Corax, thanks for that detailed message but it is not Executive Decision. In the movie Im talking about has no hijackers, only that 1 person that is controlling the plane remotely. He has a joystick and can manually control as well. I also remember that while the whole hacked plane situation was going on he was talking to passangers via his webcam and the whole time either half or his whole face was in a shadow. But then he revieled his right side of the face and how badly it was burned. Also I am pretty sure he was doing it because he was angry at the airline because he used to work for them and then they fired him or something along those lines

ChatGPT say, Terminal Velocity

I apologize for the confusion in my previous response. The movie you are thinking of may be "Terminal Velocity" from 1994, which stars Charlie Sheen and Nastassja Kinski.

In "Terminal Velocity," Charlie Sheen's character is a skydiving instructor who becomes embroiled in a conspiracy involving a mysterious woman (played by Nastassja Kinski) and a group of Russian spies. However, the scene you are describing involves a different plot thread.

At one point in the movie, a disgruntled former airline employee named Richard "Jumper" Ryan (played by Christopher McDonald) hijacks a commercial plane using a remote control system he developed. He uses his knowledge of the plane's systems to take control of the aircraft and disable its security measures. Jumper then communicates with the passengers and crew via the plane's intercom system and threatens to crash the plane unless his demands are met.

Jumper's face is shown only in shadow for most of the movie, but he reveals his badly burned face when he is captured by the authorities at the end of the movie. The final scenes of the movie take place at Jumper's remote hideout, where the authorities discover and defuse several booby traps.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

I checked Terminal Velocity and that is not the movie Im looking for

Guys, any other ideas? I cannot remember anything else from the movie, it was pretty generic, nothing extraordinary

Guys, any other ideas? I cannot remember anything else from the movie, it was pretty generic, nothing extraordinary

Insufficient data. Mo' info, mo' answers.

There was something similar in Live Free or Die Hard, but it was a jet, not a plane. But I'm mentioning it because you seem desperate for something, and also because (respectfully), it is extremely common for people to misremember major elements when asking for help finding something, and/or merge two different shows or movies accidentally.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hey, Im looking for a movie from the 90's I think. It's about a commercial plane and how some guy hacked it and could control it from his home. That guy had half of his face burned. At the end when police came for him, he had booby traps all over his property. It looked like he lived in some kind of warehouse and not a house

Are you sure that it was a movie, and not an episode of a TV show? It sounds like an interesting plot for an episode of a crime show, maybe something like "Criminal Minds" or "Numb3rs"?

Hey all, so I have found the movie

https://imdb.com/title/tt0277944/

Thank you for the help