Teaser trailer for my new short: Misophonia

Tools    

Hey y’all

I like to keep my former RT and new MoFo peeps updated on my movie projects and I’ve been waste deep in this short: Misophonia

Unlike my usual violent, horror/thriller fare, this one is a comedy in the vein of Chomet, Tati and Jeunet. There’s next to no spoken dialogue with an emphasis on diegetic sound to capture the experience of having Misophonia (an irrational hatred of sounds).

For being so far outside my wheelhouse, I’m pretty proud of how it’s coming out.

Let me know what you think!

Potential trigger warning: if you have misophonia, it may be a very difficult watch.

WARNING: spoilers below
P.S. I’m gonna be a tad even more self-promotey and say that I’ve got about a day left on an indiegogo campaign and if you dig it and wanna give, him me up and I’ll shoot you the link in a DM.

I like it!

You say it's a comedy, but surely this must end in a murder.

(And send me your Indigogo!)
I fought for a murder spree but guns are apparently too noisy for the Misophonic!

And will do!!!

Please, a true misophonic knows how to smother.
*takes notes for sequel: Misophonia 2: Murderphonia*

Misophonia 2: The Smotherening
Murderphonia: Misophonia Part 2- A Smotherening Story

It just rolls off the tongue.

Murderphonia: Misophonia Part 2- A Smotherening Story

It just rolls off the tongue.
Tagline: ...But who was misophone?

Tagline: ...But who was misophone?
To paraphrase my favorite Key and Peele sketch…

You are a raving lunatic…

And it’s ABSOLUTELY going in the movie.

I don't think I can claim to be "medically" misophonic, but I am a grouchy SOB who once fantasized about murdering my officemate who used to snack on dry cereal every day at her desk. So the teaser made me feel seen, is what I'm saying. Representation matters!

Jokes aside, this short clip is very funny on its own. Looking forward to seeing the full thing. The subject matter has the potential to strike a chord with folks, hope it goes viral.

I don't think I can claim to be "medically" misophonic, but I am a grouchy SOB who once fantasized about murdering my officemate who used to snack on dry cereal every day at her desk. So the teaser made me feel seen, is what I'm saying. Representation matters!

Jokes aside, this short clip is very funny on its own. Looking forward to seeing the full thing. The subject matter has the potential to strike a chord with folks, hope it goes viral.
Ha! That’s exactly why we made it. The project was co-written by the lead actress who also suffers from it and wanted to see it portrayed on screen. So not representation in front of AND behind camera!

Amusingly enough, we didn’t consider how miserable shooting some of this would be for her so she barely had to act.

Despite the premise, this is by far my most ambitious short and will be my first green screen heavy production. I think we take it in some interesting, fun, and maybe even touching directions so I think anyone with it will relate and anyone that doesn’t have it will be forced to empathize.

0/10 - Triggered my misophonia.

Actually, I'm not misophonic. I'm just trying to stir up drama.

Looking forward to the short

0/10 - Triggered my misophonia.

Actually, I'm not misophonic. I'm just trying to stir up drama.

Looking forward to the short
Well this drama would not be a martini suitable for James Bond.

Because it is NOT shaken.

It’s stirred.

It's about time you lazy dog!

It's about time you lazy dog!
Ha! I know it. I’d actually written this one pre-Covid but had to build up to it due to it demanding a larger cast/budget than usual. Finally made it!